Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome refuses to render reflective

Hi guys,
    I bought this 3D model of an office chair, applied my chrome material to its legs and they just keep rendering black. In the end I used another one lol because I exhausted everything I could think of. But still I wonder what could a modeler do to a face/poly or whatever to make it do that? I checked it's material ID, it was of my chromes, checked if it was a flipped face - it wasn't..what else? I mean a face/poly doesn't have any other options to change. Maybe some vertex painting or something but I don't think it was that.
    www.hrvojedesign.com

Originally posted by Crayox13 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I bought this 3D model of an office chair, applied my chrome material to its legs and they just keep rendering black. In the end I used another one lol because I exhausted everything I could think of. But still I wonder what could a modeler do to a face/poly or whatever to make it do that? I checked it's material ID, it was of my chromes, checked if it was a flipped face - it wasn't..what else? I mean a face/poly doesn't have any other options to change. Maybe some vertex painting or something but I don't think it was that.
    Throw on an "Edit Normals" modifier, if the vertices show 'green' crosses click the reset button. They should be colored blue.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Try to create a box primitive and attach the problematic object to it.
      Aleksandar Mitov
      www.renarvisuals.com
      office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
      AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
      64GB DDR5
      GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

Yes!!! It was the normals!!! Thank you!
        Did not think of that. And funny thing is half was blue (upper chair) and the other half was green - the chrome part

Just remembered it was imported from fbx so that's probably why the normals weren't correct.
        www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Working...
        X