Blood Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Material

I am trying to create a blood material but not able to get the right settings. Please have a look at below settings and help me in find out the best one. Please don't go in technilities like somewhere blood is thick
    so the color must change. I want to create when the whole body blood mix and come out from various gunshots.

Link of image

http://sv2.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/attach...&postid=659111

Any help will be appreciated.

Comment

Search for blood on this forum.

--Jon

Comment

already done but not not a satisfactorry answer everyone posting that we are trying but noone post the good final version.

posted same problem few weeks ago but not get the properr answer.
        Code:
        http://www.chaoticdimension.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=52024#52024

Comment

I thought it sounded familiar. Ok, I'll see if I can help. So let me get this right...

You want blood but you don't want to use the fog parameter or you just haven't been able to get the fog setup correct?

When you said "Please don't go in technilities like somewhere blood is thick" You just don't want people mentioning this or you don't want this effect?

--Jon

Comment

Try this and see if it's what you want..,

move dark red to the refract
            set diffuse to black (or a red?)
            set reflect to about white
            check Fresnel on
            set both glossiness values to 0.5
            set both subdivs to 4

Above is a start that should be much closer to blood than what you have now. To tweak it to exactly what you're looking for try changing the two glossiness values and the IOR. If you get flickering in the material then increase the subdiv values at the most 18. You might want to make the red a little brighter also. I can't think of what the reflection on that much blood would look like but you could try making the reflection a little red also. With this material, if you check "affect shadows", and your shadow casting light has "transparent shadows" turned on then you'll get basically a red shadow. If you want the thicker in some places then you'll have to play with. I used to volunteer at the Red Cross but I just can't picture what a large ammount of blood looks like. Allot of the trick to getting what you want out of VRay isn't just learning the technical stuff but observing what you're trying to recreate and breaking it down into components. For instance just look at the reflection and highlights, then the refraction... Hope this helps on the technical end though

--Jon

Comment

Working...
            X