DeNoiser + Lens Effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeNoiser + Lens Effects

Does anyone have some tips when using lens effects and denioser? I would prefer to have everything baked into the RGB pass as this is for an animation.

I'm working on this right now, I can get you a build where this works over the next few days, if you are not in a hurry.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply, but unfortunately today is my only day for testing and I have to start rendering tomorrow.

It's looking like the best way is to comp the lens effects. Or would it possibly be beneficial to just render out the scene with the lens effects and use the command line denioser on the images?

Comment

Originally posted by VelvetElvis View Post
        It's looking like the best way is to comp the lens effects. Or would it possibly be beneficial to just render out the scene with the lens effects and use the command line denioser on the images?
        You can do that, I guess. It will probably work to some extent, but I haven't tested it myself, so best to try a few frames.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

vlado, i would like to be noticed when that build is available. thank you.
          Surrealismo
          https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

You can update the denoiser after the render is complete and it will work as expected. At least it seems to (I haven't checked for any weird artifacts).
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
              You can update the denoiser after the render is complete and it will work as expected. At least it seems to (I haven't checked for any weird artifacts).
              the problem is when you use backburner.
              Surrealismo
              https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

Originally posted by leo.surrealismo View Post
                the problem is when you use backburner.
                Details, details... Good point.
                www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

One quick question. Does it matter either way with using lock noise pattern? Is it better if that is on or off in terms of getting an even denoised result?

Comment

I don't think that the status of the lock noise pattern will have any effects over the denoised image but in case you are rendering animation it is recommended to turn this option off.
                    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Out of interest; why does the glare element render the entire image plus the glare rather than the glare only for composition ? I'm using 3.40.01
                      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hi Steve,

Out of interest; why does the glare element render the entire image plus the glare rather than the glare only for composition ? I'm using 3.40.01
                        The reason is that the glare and the image aren't different things. The glare effect is the whole image filtered with some filter and the result is a whole image. The glare is applied to every pixel. You see the brighter pixels blurred more than the darker, but all are changed.

I understand why you are asking this question, and I think that it is reasonable for the case with masks. In this case we blur only the masked regions and we can leave only these blurred regions in the glare render element. What do you think?

Best regards,
                        Asen

Comment

Glad it's not just me. I was recently trying to set up an animation and found I couldn't save the RGB output with both denoiser and glare. Glad it's known and will be fixed. Any idea on ETA for the fix? Gonna have to send the animation to render soon, and would be helpful to know.

(Out of curiosity - is the fix just a matter of telling lens effects to wait until denoiser is done, or is it something more complicated?)
                          Last edited by andybot_cg; 07-10-2016, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X