Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a license of VRay Advanced they want to sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a license of VRay Advanced they want to sell?

Just curious as I seem to recall a couple threads where users stated that they are moving to other different renderers for various reasons. Just thought I'd check to see if anyone has a version of VRay Adv. that they are no longer using that they would interested in selling. Would there be any sort of legality issues with doing this of license transfer?

why would you wanna buy it from someone else if you can just buy it from chaos

paul

Comment

Because he wants it cheap !!
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Incidentially, the company I previously worked for purchased VRay advanced for me to use. As far as I know it is not being used anymore - is there any way of transfering that license?

My current employer also has purchased VRay Adv for me too.

Thanks

N
        www.morphic.tv
        www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

bah, go somewhere else for that. People come to this forum because they USE vray, not looking to sell it. Maybe you can find someone in one of the OTHER renderer forums who have decided they like that renderer more then vray. Maybe they would like to sell.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

What about Ebay
            Natty

Comment

i dont think it should be sold like that. the liscence is to the person who bought it from chaos. its not like you can transfer the liscence.

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Im sure if you bought it from your old boss and got in contact with chaos and explained the situation, there probably wouldnt be a problem.
                Natty

Comment

According to the license agreement:

"1 Grant of License
                  ==================

Chaos Group Ltd ('The Company') is empowered, and has agreed in
                  consideration of the payment by you of the license fee hereunder to
                  grant you a personal non-exclusive, non-transferable limited license
                  to use the enclosed program (the 'software' or 'VRay') in accordance
                  with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. This License
                  agreement permits a single user to use the Software's user interface
                  on only one computer at one location at any one time; use up to 10
                  running copies of the Software for distributed rendering at any one
                  time; use unlimited number of running copies for network
                  (frame-by-frame) rendering."
                  Surreal Structures
                  http://surrealstructures.com/blog

Comment

Isn't that subjective to if the license was actually used?

Comment

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I just thought I'd check as right now I am trying to decide which renderer to go with for future work. Right now my decisions are to upgrade to Viz 5 and give FR a try, stick with the Viz4 Radiosity Renderer, or give VRay a shot. As nice as the demo is, a person can only get a limited feel for a program within the demos trial period so I am a little hesitant about paying $799 for the renderer just to see if it does what I'm looking for. As I said, I saw that there were some people here on the board who had mentioned they had shelved their versions so I thought it wouldn't hurt to check to see if they wanted to part with them. As I am just getting started in the biz and have a limited budget - I was just looking for a legit way to try the software out to see if it works for me. Fran, thanks for posting the license agreement. Thats exactly what I was looking for. Time to start saving up my pennies I guess

Keep up the good work guys - I always enjoy checking out your images - they are truly inspirational!

Hope to be joining you soon.

PS: Natty, I actually did search through Ebay but all I found was a Vintage print of Dr. West's VRay Dental Creme As purdy as it is, it's not quite what I'm looking for

Comment

I want it too

if there anyone who wnt to sell it, i wnt to buy it, my reason are the same with above, so contact me in sinjooop@yahoo.com
                        if the situation are like that perhaps u should contact chaos for transfering the license to who ever want to buy vray. i guess they will understand it. or u should ask your boss for a letter of transfer agreement, and u give them to whoever buy the software, so he/she can get the access to the development of vray and continuing to make an outstanding vray creation

Comment

if i was to sell my vray .. it would be for the same price i paid for it !
                          Natty

Comment

if i was to sell my vray .. it would be for the same price i paid for it !
                            why ??... its heavily used aint it i think half price is fair ?

Comment

As Ive said before... people come to this forum because THEY USE vray. They aren't going to want to sell it. Go somewhere else.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                              X