Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rendering Wetpour Rubber Grain Surfacing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering Wetpour Rubber Grain Surfacing?

Hi guys,

This is the real surfacing - I'm wonder if it's possible to imitate this without using real texture image?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wetpour Rea.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	885521

This is what I've made and am using for now - with its settings:

Name:	Wetpour.jpg
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	885524

Name:	settings.jpg
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	885525

Any ideas?

Thanks

Eoin
    Attached Files

The Latest Effort - I think it looks alright

Name:	Wetpour 02.jpg
Size:	545.6 KB
ID:	863710

Comment

Hm...I prefer the first one, looks more natural than the latest effort. What did you change?

Comment

Yeah I agree the first one looks more natural - but the recent version is more alike the actual surfacing - if you see the reference in the first post.

I added cellular map to the diffuse - so it has a colour map also - just to create holes and dark divisions / cracks between the grains..

Comment

Why don't you want to use a texture/bitmap?
          I made a material like this once and started making loads of color variations as textures. Then I realised I could just use the black and white bumpmap and a vrayColor and multiply them in a VrayCompTex in the diffuse slot. Maybe run the black and white texture through an output map to tweak brightness. You could also make some smart setup with a multisub material or a vraymultisubtex to change color per face id with this setup. And only with one texture file

Comment

Hey that sounds very cool - especially with the colour change option thanks man, appreciate the feedback - so I would just use an actual texture I made in photoshop from photo ref? we have a texture like that in the office, but the tiling is very obvious

Comment

Working...
            X