Displacement with texture channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displacement with texture channel?

How can I use diffrent displacementMod. on one object with diffrent texture channels?
    (If I switch the setting to texture channels 2 also the Texmap I get a black image instead of my object)

I believe you can only use one at a time currently

--Jon

Comment

Use 3D displacement, check "use object mtl". Place your maps in the displacement slot of the MTL.
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

@RErender, yeah thats works but I only have one Vraydisplacement and so only one slot for the amount. Is there an other way to use two diffrent displacements?
        (it doesn´t work with e.x. edit mesh, select mat id 2 and use a Vraydisplacement with the selection)

Comment

You cannot do two different displacements on one object with vray right now.

To work around this I usually convert the object to editable polygon, select one set of polygons I want to displace and detach them. Then just apply the displacement modifier to the two seperate objects.
          How come Psychics have to ask for your name?

Comment

Yeah Zapcat is right there is no way to have more than one modifier at a time, IMHO though there is plenty of control with using the mtl, anything you can do with a bump can be transfered to the displacement.
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

Originally posted by TOBTHREEDEE
              but I only have one Vraydisplacement and so only one slot for the amount. Is there an other way to use two diffrent displacements?
              If you only need to variate the amount, you can use the displacement spinner in the material editor maps rolout.
              You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

I need an amount of e.x. -2 and one with 1 or 3

It´s not the same result if I use the displacement spinner in the material editor maps rollout. Than it´s looks like normal displacement.

Comment

You could still achieve this with maps together with the "shift" amount so that middle grey is zero, darker would be negative and brighter would be positive.
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

Working...
                  X