No VFB on Backburner Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No VFB on Backburner Server

When I send a job off to DR, via Backburner, I used to be able to see the VFB appear on the backburner server node (using remote desktop). I used to do this to monitor progress. For some reason ever since upgrading to 2016 and 3.40.02, VFB either doesn't appear at all, or appears for a moment and then disappears. This happens maybe 10% of the time -- enough to be annoying. The job is still rendering, but I just can't see it, or the progress bar to know how much longer it has. Anyone else run into this? Seems to work fine if I render DR, but locally.

Thanks.
    David Anderson
    www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
    Windows 10 Pro
    3ds Max 2023.3 Update
    V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
    Puget Systems
    TRX40 EATX
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
    2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
    128GB RAM

Hm, I don't think we changed anything there, but I'll get someone to check it out.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i get that sometimes, you can use the task manager to 'bring it to front.' By right clicking on the process.
      WerT
      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

I tried different scenarios but no luck so far. If you find the exact reproduce steps, please share them here.
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Bump,

Anyone find a solution to this?

I have it for all my BB render jobs, both at my home office (with 3 slaves) as at my work office with (4 slaves).

All windows 10, latest vray, 3ds max 2016. It started with the same update as Streetwise, 2016 and vray3.4.

If I carefully hold my cursor over de taskbar menu popup I can see the vfb, however depending on the size of the render it doesn't show an updated version. For example I am now rendering a 5k image which should be finished in a moment* (after being on the whole night and with a fixed rendertime) yet the progress on screen is only of the first pass. It's like the bigger the image then less bandwidth it saves to show progress. Smaller renders update slowly, as in if you log in 10min. later it will show a later status.

* I'm hoping it will finish in a moment, you just don't know now....also even if it was nearly finished you could atleast save the images. But the vfb never stays active.

The other day windows prompted me for an update (in remote desktop) and when I clicked it away I could select the vfb and had normal access to its buttons.

Comment

I have this issue on one machine in particular - it has always done it it, even with MR render windows so I am not entirely sure it's a VRAY issue. I know that this same machine is always giving me grief with everything with regards to permission settings etc. so I wonder if it could be related to that?
            http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Comment

For some added info, I hooked up a monitor, keyboard and mouse to the rendernode. With direct access it still wouldn't activate the vfb. So I used the taskbar bring to front option and that made it work. (didnt do a remote desktop check afterwards).

Comment

I think the Task Manager "Bring to the front" is the best workaround for now. This issues still happens on occasion to both the BB node, but sometime to my workstation when I'm rendering local. Annoying sometimes, but not a show-stopper.
                David Anderson
                www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
                Windows 10 Pro
                3ds Max 2023.3 Update
                V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
                Puget Systems
                TRX40 EATX
                AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
                2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
                128GB RAM

Comment

Just found a seemingly ridiculous solution.....first activate the bb server window and then click on the tasbar vfb. Hey presto!

It doesn't always work first time, but after a couple of clicks (bb then vfb, bb then vfb again) it activates.
                  Last edited by dean_dmoo; 19-06-2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Can someone delete this post Wrong thread thanks.
                    Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
                    Adam Trowers

Comment

Working...
                    X