Message Window color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Window color?

I asked about changing the message window color a while back, and Vlado responded that the window color was set to match the max scheme. I had to change my text color so I could use Select By Name and Hide By Name, I don't really like Scene Explorer. In doing so, I had to set my text dark...I'm not sure if this effected the vray message window, but I am seeing dark text on a dark background. Are the element colors in the message window controllable or hard coded in? If controllable, can you tell me the name of the elements for the text and background color so I can change them? Thanks.

Here is the code that I'm using:
    Code:
    		IColorManager *colorman=GetColorManager(); // Get the 3ds Max color theme manager
    		style.infoBg=colorman->GetColor(kBackground);
    		style.infoFg=colorman->GetColor(kWindowText);
    		style.infoFg=blendColors(style.infoBg, style.infoFg, 0.6f);
    For kBackground, the 3ds Max SDK says the following: "used for all windows backgrounds"; for kWindowText is says just "COLOR_WINDOWTEXT".

Keep in mind that if you change the colors, they will take effect the next time you restart 3ds Max.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks,
      Let me see if I can figure this out...

EDIT:
      OK, so far window text in the color scheme responds to the message window text color. And yes, restart max applied the colors to the vray message window unlike the colors in max apply when you press "Apply colors now" button from custom UI colors dialog.

What I'm trying to get matched up is the background color behind the text...see image below(disregard viewport background color...it is a test):
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	508.1 KB
ID:	864498

I think the message window background color responds to the dialog box background color not the window color...the window color controls the color behind the text...if this could be changed, without it messing up everybody else, it may solve my lowly need. But I still need to test

EDIT 2:
      Yep, it does, kBackground responds to the "Background" color element.

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Size:	517.6 KB
ID:	864499
      Could the kBackground be changed to kWindow (if that exists) without it causing problems for everyone else?

As you can see, I am working around the Select By Name dialog window text that does not respond to Window Text

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg
Size:	525.9 KB
ID:	864500
      Last edited by biochemical_animations; 06-12-2016, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Hey Vlado,

Any chance I can petition a color change to the vray message window text from kWindowText to kText? I think kText might solve my problem as in the following illustration, without it causing issues for anyone else. Do you think that is possible? Right now my messsage window is very difficult to read as illustrated in the following image. TIA

Name:	WindowText.jpg
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	866203
        Last edited by biochemical_animations; 16-01-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

What code is used for the vfb history details, as this looks fine? If you can make the vfb message window the same coding, that would work.

Comment

Working...
          X