Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hdri interior Illumination

HI
    dose eny one know if it is possible to use hdri Illumination in a interior sceen like a room with a roof

thenks
    inon

Hi Inon_Green

First of all, as i see this is your first post here, Welcome to this forum.
    As i know it is one of the friendliest and most helpful places in computergraphics on the web

Well lighting your interiors from a hdri is no problem at all. it depends of course what you want to do.

you can post your hdri for the environement with a vrayhdri map, and adjust it just as you like.

for this of course you need some windows and or openings in your room for the light to come in.

best way to get fast and clean results right now with vray for interiors depend on the vray version that you use. if you use the 1.470, the official available betaversion of the upcomming 1.5 version, best way to get good results, would be to use "lightmap for all secoundary bounces of light, and irradiance map for first bounce.

Hdri tend to produce usualy noisy gi results. so you might increase the irradiance and the lightmap settings. And of course for getting better sunlight results, you could also use an exterior light to get better sunlight in the interior.

you will also find lots of examples from very talented useres here in the immage section and also sometimes in the general and tutorials section.

so feel free to ask what ever you look for.

Tom

Comment

hdri interior Illumination

hi tom schuelke

thanks for your help

i still have some questions, i understand that thear's no way to illuminat the sceen with hdri if ther are no holes in the room.
      what is a light map?

inon

Comment

Hi

well this depends on the vray version u use.

1.09 doesnt have it.

but 1.4570 the actual beta of 1.5 that allready is very good, does have an new renderalgorythm, comparable to photonmapping.

in 1.4570,

you can use lightmap instead of quasi montecarlo or photonmappinig for secoundary bounces. it is very very very easy to setup (compared to photonmapping), and gives a speedboost in interiors of about 2 to three times.

well you can use lightmappinig also for very very fast light setups. here you use lightmaps in secoundaryy and also first lightbounces, go after this to global switches and also turn of reflections, (expect, you have windows with glass which would stop light to come in), and render the scene.
        this way you get very good lightaproximations for setups. I used this for one new Aida ship interior, with about 6000 000 polys, and had rendertimes of about 1 or 2 minutes !!!.

so just have a look in the announcements. here you find a preview on the vray 1.5 manual, and there you can find lightmapping !

good luck

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X