Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDB Smoke for download?

Hi,
    This might be a rather unusual question, but I was wondering if there is a website where you can download VDB or similar volume files that VRay can render. I just wanna play around with it but I am not familiar with any kind of fluid/smoke simulation software and I would just need a cloud or something to play around with.
    In the end I want to render reflections of smoke for compositing in an image. Any idea where I might get something like this? Just some VDB files?
    Software:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    3ds Max 2016 SP4
    V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
    Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
    64GB RAM

DxDiag

Could you post some kind of reference which kind and scale of smoke you want? Does it has to be animated? I've phoenix and "something to play with" should be done pretty quickly.
    German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

http://www.openvdb.org/download/
      I just can't seem to trust myself
      So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
      ---------------------------------------------------------
      CG Artist

Comment

Thanks Paul - found that already and theyre somewhat what I am looking for, but maybe there's a more specific thing.

Specifically I want to make a car drfit shot, where it drifts in a circle, so ideally since this is not such a special task I imagine there could be some files online. It's really just drifting in a circle, one wheel would be enough. I am mostly interested in the dissipating smoke where the car already was than in the smoke directly at the wheel itself. Both would be amazing!
        Software:
        Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
        3ds Max 2016 SP4
        V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
        Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
        64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Well, I can imagine someone could make money by providing ready simulated files, similar to textures...

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            Well, I can imagine someone could make money by providing ready simulated files, similar to textures...

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I thought to do that with clouds, but had to pause it as some urgent job appeared and another and another... Also there was a problem with high amount of clouds with high density of points - was rendering very very slow... Thought about a script, which automates sky creation with VDB clouds, automatically adjusting quality based on distance from camera. But found it a bit complicated to do for one person...
            Available for remote work.
            My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Working...
            X