Vray 3.5 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.5 Beta

If I install the beta would I be able to switch back and forth from 3.5 beta to the 3.4 that I'm using in several current/ongoing projects? IOW are 3.5 and 3.4 allowed to co-exist?

Thanks in advance.
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Originally posted by OPEN_RANGE View Post
    If I install the beta would I be able to switch back and forth from 3.5 beta to the 3.4 that I'm using in several current/ongoing projects? IOW are 3.5 and 3.4 allowed to co-exist?

Thanks in advance.
    One Max version can have only one V-Ray installed at a time. Every new installation removes the old one first.
    If you have Max 2016 and Max 2017 for example, you can have different V-Ray versions installed on each.

Best,
    Blago.
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

OK, I have both 2016 and 2017 installed, but 2017 goes "crash, poof, disappear " on render completion of even just a simple box. some unknown conflict that exists on my system I think. Guess I'll have to wait until I get my new system put together.

You answered my question and thank you for that!
      mark f.
      openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Huh, this shouldn't be the case in general. I am using different V-Ray version in Max 2016 and Max 2017 for quite a while without any problems.
        I would suggest to try reinstalling V-Ray to see if that helps, just in case.

Best,
        Blago.
        V-Ray fan.
        RTX ON

Comment

I'll try that. I was thinking the problem was with MAX not vray. I'm pretty sure I tried a re-install of 2017 and vray but my memory of what I've done in that regard is not 100% clear. Probably need to re-install both
          mark f.
          openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Originally posted by OPEN_RANGE View Post
            I'll try that. I was thinking the problem was with MAX not vray. I'm pretty sure I tried a re-install of 2017 and vray but my memory of what I've done in that regard is not 100% clear. Probably need to re-install both
            If you use and have any other plugins, it might be also one of them.
            You can contact supprot@chaosgroup.com if the problem persists. They will check just to make sure it is not V-Ray (and if it is, we will work on that).

Best,
            Blago.
            V-Ray fan.
            RTX ON

Comment

Working...
            X