Vray 3.5 gpu and Fstorm gpu 2k scene demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thanulee View Post
    I didnt ask why. I use different engines myself depending the 3d app or my licences.
    But u obviously from ur post u seem happy with fstorm. This aint bad, but insisting about how better it is in vray forums and that u only read about "people talk" while we give u examples and links on how to do stuff, is just idk.. What do u expect from others to say?
    We already tried answering ur questions i think. And i guess if u got any more problems support will gladly help u with ur speed issues. Cheers.
    well actually in the post down you said you don't know why am in search of vray, so its why i answered you that way and am happy with all of them to tell you the truth its just that people have mentioned many times here and i have tried a few ways and it was just not working for me even on 4 gpus and i am not new to vray, you can check my stats, so those examples given like i said did not work for me, and i dont expect anything just this thread is about the same thing am asking so why not ask, no one really tried answering my question except you so idk where before someone did answer this on this forum before about these options in RT, i know alot of you are fanboys etc but i am not biased towards any render engine, many studios use alot of engines also, so i mean i think anyone can ask anything, its about getting Rt to work for me and this is a vray forum so am trying to get it to work better for me, idk why me asking questions may seem offensive but these are things even very experienced vray users have issues with and why they like other engines like octane, bertrand benoit for example, the guys uses almost anything you give him and he prefers octane for the very same reason, RT is just awesome there, i wish these guys who many of you bow down to would run some thread about these things but i guess its left to the small guys like me to ask the questions alot of new comers are asking, ok, all is ok for the old users but hey, they will die out, many will retire so new people who come every year ask me these very same things, i talk to many university students each year and they all ask me, they ask me over and over and over, as a new year of students come, they ask me, so these threads do provide some insight there
    Architectural and Product Visualization at MITVIZ
    http://www.mitviz.com/
    http://mitviz.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shawnmitford/

i7 5960@4 GHZm, 64 gigs Ram, Geforce gtx 970, Geforce RTX 2080 ti x2

Comment

Np buddy. U are right to ask otherwise whats the point Bringing other engines in the discussion constantly though is un related on how RT works and its kinda "offensive" for the devs reading "this doesnt work here but works in ur competitor better". I guess u do understand that. Support in chaosgroup is really good actually and i believe they will answer whatever question u have if u are specific about it.

I did try my best to give u an insight, i dont do any tricks and RT works as it should. I said that to the other guy in a post about corona which he couldnt clear the noise in his image and i also posted him his concept clean in 1 minute with my 2 cards here, while he claimed that in 15 minutes with similar hardware he couldnt have a noise free image.

So that bring me to a point (if u value my opinion at all):
      People keep looking at the wrong direction. Engines do not make renderings better. Faster yes, better no. Its only up to the user. Glad u mentioned BBZ cause the guy has great photographic knowledge and uses that to get the engine to his advantage. And first he mastered vray or corona for many years before moving on to something else. And that is how u learn more things about renders. Its a combo of real world examples and photography and by working with the same software for a good amount of time. And he actually runs very thorough threads and tutorials, perhaps ur looking at the wrong stuff when he has articles called "the photographic approach" but u prefer reading about sampling for example. As i said before, u should stop switching engines. U should pick one according to ur liking and ur hardware specs and focus at it. That is not how big studios work btw, unless for very specific reasons. I can tell u that by first hand. And since i noticed ur doing archviz, there is no need other than speed for swapping among engines. Ur not in the vfx industry that solvers change rapidly or stuff evolve daily. I could use Redshift if i had a project with tones of fog for example or sss cause its dead fast. But not for a still image. People that do still images, shouldnt bother with technical stuff that much, is just not needed. U can always do hardcore post or boost up a bit ur hardware. I have students myself telling me stuff like "wow im getting octane" while i try to explain em that being a better artist is not at all a technical thing.
      Wrapping up, very experienced users doesnt mean, technicians. I know how to make materials pretty well, throw me any engine i ll make u the same material cause i know how it works in real life and the theory behind it. If i cant find something i search the manual voila. If that doesnt work as manual says probably is a bug,i send to support. Its not rocket science. And knowledge is spread all over the place the past few years with internet evolution, dont give me that "they dont share the knowledge" i just do not accept it
      www.yellimages.com

Comment

And back on the subject, Blago is here for u if u got more questions about RT, also Dabarti guys offer great help in facebook group. Have a good night

ps. fanboys is something i only seen in fstorm/octane group btw. With all honesty!
        www.yellimages.com

Comment

actually i have been at it a long time and have visited some nice studios and they do not stick to one engine, maybe just the ones you know, actually the way you write is kind of condenscending, i have been the head of a studio myself for a few years, not a large one but we were the largest in the caribbean for what we do, you stil are missing the point of the whole reason to have a forum, i can ask support but then who would see it? its better to be open about these things and its no desprespect to devs, what's the point of having answers if you cant ask a question? then no one would talk and then there would be no need for forums. uff its so hard to ask anything these days, no matter how simple you have all these condenscending remarks. maybe its better to just ask support, the fanboy mentality it just kills it for me really, i saw it on corona forums and spoke out against it, saw it on fstorm forum and spoke out against it and here a few times and now again, as relates to reading the wrong thing, i know how to get great images when i need to like i said am at this for years, those little comments are for sure condenscending
          Last edited by mitviz; 24-01-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

RT has literally no options, and i already send u videos to make it more easy for u. But no...
            I am writing in a "condenscending" way.

And u wanna tell me about ur studio and what happens in the world that i do not know of but u do. Cause its normal to swap engines all the time cause studios do not own props and equipment related to certain technologies. Nor libraries, settings, scripts etc etc.

Oh, and fstorm is better yes, and vray doesnt work for u and all u do is ask help. And bad people do not reply in ur posts. And bbz doesnt share his knowledge so u have to ask here. But u dont wanna send to the support :P
            I guess i stopped being "condenscending" and now i am being "ironic"?

Good luck with ur research man. Sorry seems i cannot be of any help to u.
            www.yellimages.com

Comment

Originally posted by thanulee View Post
              RT has literally no options, and i already send u videos to make it more easy for u. But no...
              I am writing in a "condenscending" way.

And u wanna tell me about ur studio and what happens in the world that i do not know of but u do. Cause its normal to swap engines all the time cause studios do not own props and equipment related to certain technologies. Nor libraries, settings, scripts etc etc.

Oh, and fstorm is better yes, and vray doesnt work for u and all u do is ask help. And bad people do not reply in ur posts. And bbz doesnt share his knowledge so u have to ask here. But u dont wanna send to the support :P
              I guess i stopped being "condenscending" and now i am being "ironic"?

Good luck with ur research man. Sorry seems i cannot be of any help to u.
              you have to remember alot of people here won't touch gpu stuff with a ten foot pole so its new to alot of people, some people stil have just one gpu using and are comfy with cpu, its not something i guess alot of people are into, so when i ask about it i mean don't act all full of yourself and being all condescending, simple answers are just ok with me, ama simple guy, none of the engines are better than the other its a matter of preference and how much you know but each works a different way and its good to find out why and how, it was the point of the thread man, geeeeeeeeeeeze

Comment

Working...
              X