Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Test your PC rendering speed with Vray!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test your PC rendering speed with Vray!!!

I made rendering speed test for vray on CGarchitect forum.
    We have AMD fans and Intel fans and everybody is talking that their machine is faster. Well after this test we will know who is right.

Check this link:
    http://www.cgarchitect.com/vb/showth...ed=1#post48359

or download 2MB scene here

http://www.visualizationstudio.com/tmp/vray_test.zip

post your resoults on CGarchitect forum so I can make a chart later.
    www.VisualizationStudio.com

you know ...tis a nice scene ....but rendering my machine for 3 hours for a test .... i cant do that ....anyway i am interested in the results

nice scene again

Comment

Actually I made test few months ago, but just for Max scanline renderer and rendering lasted 100 sec average.

The link for that test: http://www.cgarchitect.com/vb/showth...4&page=1&pp=10

The best system for me to buy considering resoults was dual AMD MP 2800+.
      But i use Vray most of the time and moderator Greg Hess on CGarchitect told me that scene has to be complicated and it needs longer render times to be precise. He sad that Intel Xeon with HT on will eat my AMD machine for breakfast becouse Vray is modern renderer and it uses HT extensively and AMD doesnt have it.
      Yes, this scene needs longer time to render but thats why will have better resoults and you could leave it to render overnight.

Comment

My xeon was hungry

Dual Xeon 3.0 800fsb
        2 GB memory
        Supermicro x6dal-g

145.77 min
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

i guess an animation of 1500 frame with 3mil faces will take forever to complete on a single machine....
          Reza Bahari
          visual3d@streamyx.com
          013-3428162

Comment

Yes but one thing is slowing this scene that you probably wont use in animation and thats Vray displacement. I have included it just becouse I wanted to test most of Vray options.
            So before you go to bed run this rendering and youll see how fast is your beast.

Comment

The CGArchitect moderator was correct; for 3ds Max, the Pentium 4 processor is the best architecture. Since 3ds Max makes such heavy use of hyperthreading, the P4 has a clear advantage here. The advantage further extends itself when you use two processors, since you end up with two processors with hyperthreading. Although AMD's approach to multiprocessing is more efficient in most cases as a result of their point to point bus, the Pentium 4's shared bus architecture will still win out in 3ds Max. If all or most of what you do is 3ds Max rendering, then the Pentium 4, dual processor or not, is your chip.

Comment

except vray has proved unreliable with HT on...(1.0.9)
                Digital Progression

Comment

Originally posted by DP
                  except vray has proved unreliable with HT on...(1.0.9)
                  It has proved unreliable only on some setups, mainly Dell systems and Intel MB's...

It is fine on other setups
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

Working...
                  X