Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Mats for SLK320 ?!

Hi !
    I have modeled a Mercedes SLK320 recently and now it all came to texturing it and lighting .... and for problems .

I downloaded some ready materials for cars I found from this forum but when I try them rendering gets very slooooooooow .... I have a killer machine with tons of ram (1GB to be honest - but rendering even on 320x240 takes ages - I found out that when glossiness on mats is less than 1.0 things get pretty slow, but even with this ... I have a problem texturing my model.

Does anybody have any suggestion? I also used HDRI as a lighting source. Anyways ... any tips and tuts will be extremely helpful .

Tx
    Tisho

to speed it up you may want to play with the interpolation option for glossy's .. but some blurring will happen ...
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

I feel your pain. Glossy reflections take time, no getting around that. What natty says is true. Adjust your glossy settings, possibly take a look at using interpolation. I personally use interpolation sparingly as you really have to crank up the settings to get good results, then your forever waiting on the irradiance map to finish.

Also these days 1gb of memory is not necessarily alot anymore. Dont know your scene so cant say if your running out of memory and using virtual memory but probably not.

Oh and using HDRI as your light source will definitely slow things down.

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Hi

Well if you use older materials loaded into the 1.4570, this usualy is slow.

do you use a blend material with a glossy mat for the underlying carpaint ?

take care that your glossy interpolations dont get above 15, which usualy is enough.

Tom

Comment

Tx a lot percydaman, natty and tom schuelke!

From what I understood, interpolations of glossy shouldn't be more than 15 and maybe even lower for test-renders. I will try to have a bit more patience and to render first the compartment with the main paint mat and probably I will show some test-renders for you, so you can see...

Percy, I don't run out of memory or of the kind - it just renders slowly - I lowered the render window from 64x64 to 16x16, that helps a bit. And I will try to put probably a real light source for the beginning just to see how it goes.

Thank you all ...

Comment

Working...
          X