VRay Batch render for 3ds MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Batch render for 3ds MAX

Are there any plans on making an official VRay Batch Renderer for 3DSMAX?

I'm working in architectural visualization, and batch rendering is crucial at my job. It would be great, if something is changed in the scene, we could automatically generate all the the images without the manual work of loading the color correction files, or scene states.
    3DS max built-in batch rendering dialog for example can load scene states, buf it definitely can not load VFB color corrections. I think a visualization doesn't end at the raw render, it can have a lot of alteration in the VRay Frame Buffer. It's nice to be able to save everything in a .vccglb file, but it would be much better if everything could be saved for future to be done automatically.

It would be great, if VRay had a dialog to create a batch list, with settings of: which frames to render, which Scene State to load (or maybe State sets?), which render elements to render, which Color Corrections file to apply, and which render settings to load for each camera, etc. Like this we didn't have to go through all this process manually each time we have to re-render a scene with all cameras.

I know it's probably a lot to ask, but I (and many others) think that today a rendering software should definitely have a function like this.
    Maybe I am not aware if something like this exists, alghough I have been searching for this for a long time.

So is there one? Or are the developers planning to ever create something like this?

Thank you in advance for the help!
    Gabor Nagy
    narmer architecture studio
    www.narmer.hu

The V-Ray VFB can be scripted easily. Isn't it possible to attach custom scripts to the 3ds Max batch renderer (or the State Sets for that matter)?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Dear Vlado,

Well, I didn't know that it can be scripted.
      I'm quite a noob at MaxScript, but it seems like this subject is worth looking into!
      Thank you for the reply!

Regards,
      Gabor
      Last edited by narmer_visual; 31-01-2017, 02:23 PM.
      Gabor Nagy
      www.narmer.hu

Comment

use this , quite good enough
        http://sergepogosyan.com/batchcam/

Comment

+1 for BatchCam. It's my jam. But I don't touch the VFB adjustments. Do all post work outside of max/vray
          Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

I just use 3dsMax standard batch render with correct scene state so there is nothing more needed for me when turning on autosave (and maybe only complete renders) on VFB history. but in regard to VFB color corrections, I think it can be easily done by using a post render script.
            Last edited by mohammadreza_mohseni; 04-02-2017, 01:11 AM.
            Mohammadreza Mohseni

Website | Instagram | E-Mail | Art Station | Behance | Twitter | Facebook

Comment

Thank you everyone for the answers!

I also use BatchCam, but since I use VFB color corrections, and it didn't have an option for this, I was looking for another solution.
              But with MAXscript, I might be able to tweak the script according to my working process.

Regards,
              Gabor
              Gabor Nagy
              www.narmer.hu

Comment

Try Reindeer :P you have a Batch Render on steroids, fully scriptable !
                Nicolas Caplat
                www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Hey NicoC,

Thanks for the tip!
                  Right now I'm experimenting on reprogramming BatchCam for my needs, and it seems to be working very well for now.

Maybe I'll give Reindeer a try, looks really powerful!
                  Gabor Nagy
                  www.narmer.hu

Comment

Working...
                  X