Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with License Server 1.45

Hi,

After a bit of emailing with Tedi @ Vray Support with no success (and now many an unanswered email), I have decided to post here to see if anyone else is having a similar problem.

I am having some trouble with 1 workstation not getting a license from the VR license server. At work we have 7 identically specc'ed workstations (+ a few other workstations) which all get the license bar one. In terms of what software is installed on the machines - some are slightly different, but not in any way I could determine that would block authorisations from the server (ie same virus scanner / no firewall).

I have tried:
    - disabling the virus scanner
    - completely uninstalling the virus scanner
    - reinstalling network drivers
    - changing tcp-ip settings
    - direct cable connection from server to workstation (ie not through router)

The server itself registers the connection from the workstation and then closes the connection (just as normal) but the workstation still does not get the license.

Does anyone have any ideas / solutions which could help me?

Thanks,
    Adam Jones

Hi Adam,

The first version of the license has some shown some weird behaviour for several people. As far as I know the next VRay build should have some changes to the communication protocols of the license server that will fix all the issues that have been reported.

As for when.. I don't know. Right now the VRay team is still in California, so they probably have to get back to Bulgaria first.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply egz.

I guess my next email to VRay support will be "When is the ETA of the next build?"

Comment

Working...
      X