No announcement yet.

Date for R1.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm.. I guess only vlado can accurately answer this question.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

So are you saying VRay works fine with Backburner? I just assumed that DR was VRay's net rendering utility and that it had this because backburner was not compatible with it. If I can still send out net renders and region net renders(the scanline strip thing) then everything is just fine. Thanks to everyone who posted, I really appreciate the support here!

Comment

Vray's DR is just for tighter network rendering integration for still frames... it allows for instant-gratification of networked machines rendering buckets on your screen, rather than breaking the image down into regions or stripe rendering in Max, which as I understand it still renders visually on the servers -- you don't see the whole picture until the final image is compiled.

This is going off just what I read. And by assigning networked machines buckets as they finish means all machines work equally until the image is done, whereas dividing the image into region stripes may give a few machines "easier" portions to render, leaving the others rendering longer.

When DR works, it's a beautiful thing.

Shaun
        ShaunDon

Comment

So are you saying VRay works fine with Backburner? I just assumed that DR was VRay's net rendering utility and that it had this because backburner was not compatible with it. If I can still send out net renders and region net renders(the scanline strip thing) then everything is just fine. Thanks to everyone who posted, I really appreciate the support here!
          aHA!!! I knew that people would get confused and think that distributed rendering was network rendering. They should put a stick at the top of the announcement section which says:

Understanding the difference between distributed and network rendering.

Distributed rendering is really great for what we call "interactive" rendering. On I, Robot, we used the renderman equivilant to distributed rendering called... believe or not... netrender... It allowed the artists to do test renders in a matter of 2 to 3 mins as opposed to 20 or 30 mins. This gave the artists a lot more advantage when it comes to tweaking the lighting and the shaders and seeing the results without forgeting what you changed since the last render.

Comment

Working...
          X