Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it planned for IPR to ever benefit from DR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it planned for IPR to ever benefit from DR?

HI,
    is it planned for IPR to ever benefit from DR?

Cheers
    M
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

never mind the silly question....found out its not possible due to the nature of DR
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
      never mind the silly question....found out its not possible due to the nature of DR
      I'm still surprised that the latency of a high speed network makes DR IPR unusable, but there are probably other factors. I think Vlado said keeping the scenes synched across nodes posed some difficulties...

Comment

Me imagining my 10gb files saving every time I move the camera or change a material
        CGI Artist @ Staud Studios

Comment

Originally posted by danio View Post
          I'm still surprised that the latency of a high speed network makes DR IPR unusable, but there are probably other factors. I think Vlado said keeping the scenes synched across nodes posed some difficulties...
          Well, considering that DR rendering involves saving the scene / sending it over the network / opening scene on nodes, I guess it's pretty logical that it's not "compatible" with the fast feedback everyone wants from IPR ... from my point of view, it's all but necessary: IPR has to be reactive and stable. Don't mix everything ... IMO, DR is for final renderings (or let's say, for mid-quality previews), whereas IPR is lighting / materials tweaking / lookdev, quick adjustments requiring iterations, things like that. So, in a nutshell, IPR and DR have nothing to do with each other ...
          Last edited by NicoC; 22-02-2017, 02:09 AM.
          Nicolas Caplat
          www.intangibles.fr

Comment

It was easy for us to do DR with V-Ray RT, as this is all our code and the render server is V-Ray Standalone, so we can only send partial updates over the network quickly enough. With the interactive production rendering, the render server would have to be 3ds Max, and keeping the scene in sync between the client and the render servers would be very tricky.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado, I found this post and would like to know the current options I have for this. I would like to work on my low power laptop with 3ds Max and run IPR, with another computer actually doing the rendering. I am happy to wait for my first update, as the scene is exported to another machine. But once IPR is running, most of the time I am tweaking lighting and wanting the see the result nice and fast. Having another fast computer do the rendering would be great, or multiple computers. Is any of this possible in V-Ray Next at the moment? Many thanks Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Seggy View Post
                Hi Vlado, I found this post and would like to know the current options I have for this. I would like to work on my low power laptop with 3ds Max and run IPR, with another computer actually doing the rendering. I am happy to wait for my first update, as the scene is exported to another machine. But once IPR is running, most of the time I am tweaking lighting and wanting the see the result nice and fast. Having another fast computer do the rendering would be great, or multiple computers. Is any of this possible in V-Ray Next at the moment? Many thanks Mark
                The option here is to switch to V-Ray GPU.
                If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post

The option here is to switch to V-Ray GPU.

Not so sure that's an option
                  CGI Artist @ Staud Studios

Comment

Working...
                  X