shadow problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shadow problem

i can't figure why i am getting this shadow problem.

it started when the shiplap was added (it is modeled in 3d - its not a material or displacement). so, i'm fairly sure in assuming that the shiplap is causing the problem - but i don't know why its causing the shadow problems or how to fix it.

i am using 1.09.03r... in MAX 6. basic settings for irrad map (-3,-1, clr.4 nrm.5, dist.1, hsubs 60, interp 30) - using direct comp. for secondary bounce.

suggestions please?

thanks,
    sean

Untill you get any other sugestions, try upping the irr settings. -3/-1 is kinda low (unless its very high res).

Maybe a little more subdivs too.

Travis

Comment

it a settings problem, you really need to crank your settings right up for this type of situation.

Chris Jackson
      cj@arcad.co.nz
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

can you lead me in the right direction as to which settings i need to monkey with?

thanks!
        sean

Comment

Try upping your hsubs. I was having this prob, i increased it to 100, but I think its different for different situations. Try upping it a little at a time if you have time to mess with tests.

Travis

Comment

clr nrm and dist i would put them all at 0.3

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
            X