Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayEdgesTex Mask

Hi,

Is there a way I could render the resulting EdgesTex bump as a mask? I am using EdgesTex to highlight some edges but could do with having a mask of that edge. Might not be possible but worth an ask

Thanks,

If it's just a temp thing to highlight edges then you could try vraytoon instead. There's an element now specific for toon
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Thanks but that's no use. If I create say a 1mm render time chamfer using EdgesTex in the bump slot. I want to be able to create a mask for that 1mm chamfer. I wondered if there was a way of combining the EdgesTex with an ExtraTex render element or something. We use ExtraTex a lot with V-Ray Colour to create masks at render time so thought I could do something similar. Havent quite thought it through yet but had thought I would at least throw it out there to see if anyone has a solution.

Comment

You could also use ColorEdge, https://www.itoosoft.com/freeplugins.php.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Ooooh thanks, will give that a try.

Comment

Hi, have to dig it out again.
            is there an option to use a vrayedgetex with a mask? So having that edge info on a specific area only?

Comment

Do you need that at render time or just have it as a separate pass to composite later ?

mekene

Comment

Working...
              X