www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

If they talk about the tradtional stacked memory , it is great technology that helps the GPU performance by a lot. The first generation (AMD Fiji) allowed up to 4GB memory on GPU, but the second one (Quadro GP100, probably Volta and Vega later) have 16GB (and maybe more in the future).
    I've tested GP100, and it is by far the fastest GPU I've seen (about 40%-50% faster than Quadro P6000).

Best,
    Blago.
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

The GP100 sounds like a beast.

Blago, with the news that Vega will be coming out within the week, will we see any benefits of this card paired with RT? It looks to be in direct competition with Nvidia's deep learning cards, and touting that it is a good card for pro users. Having HBM2 with 16 GB of ram sounds like it could be a good piece of hardware. Is this going to be a card we could look forward to using with Vray? It would be great to know. Thanks.

Best,
      Jeremiah

Comment

I can't tell until we have tested it. So far we haven't had the chance to get one.

Best,
        Blago.
        V-Ray fan.
        RTX ON

Comment

since you gus have so cleverly written a cuda driver for cpu in-house, any possibility you could do a cuda driver for amd cards too? is it even possible?

Comment

So far OpenCL is the best way of running raytracing on AMD GPU.

Best,
            Blago.
            V-Ray fan.
            RTX ON

Comment

i appreciate that, i was just thinking if you could get CUDA running youd only have a single target to code for and we could mix and match cpu's gpus and not worry about compatibility. anyway it was more of a question of interest, wether it would be technically possible for a third party, such as yourselves to get cuda running on AMD cards. i know AMD could do it if they wanted, but probably never will due to politics.

Comment

Originally posted by savage309 View Post
                I can't tell until we have tested it. So far we haven't had the chance to get one.

Best,
                Blago.
                Well I hope too hear what happens when you do get one. The price point of these cards are said to be pretty decent for price vs. performance.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                X