Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License server suggestion

Hey -

The machine that our VRay license server runs on suffered a hard drive crash yesterday. I was quite surprised (and more than somewhat annoyed, actually) to find that the license server would not run using the original authorization code once I had installed a new hard drive and set up the machine again. A new request code was generated and I am now waiting for authorization, which I suspect will not happen until tomorrow (Monday) morning. I'm not sure exactly how the license server generates request codes, but I think it's safe to conclude that at least a portion of the equation is the hard drive.

So, here are 2 suggestions:

1. Do not tie the license server to the hard drive (if that is what's currently happening);
    2. Provide an automated method of authorization during non-work hours OR provide a weekend-long grace period.

FWIW, our Brazil license server is also on this machine, and fired up with its original authorization codes without issue.

Thanks -
    Nicholas Moshenko
    DesignStor

Well, it seems that I've got egg on my face The original authorization code does work - for some reason (probably "human error") it wasn't working on the weekend. My aplogies if the previous post sounded bitter... Althought I still think my second suggestion deserves consideration
    Nicholas Moshenko
    DesignStor

Comment

Working...
    X