Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-VRay user needs a hand...

Hi there,

I'm posting here in the hope that some good-hearted Vray user has 10 minutes or so to spare in their day to lend a hand...

I have received a max file from a client who wants it turned around extremely fast, but all the materials are vray advanced. I need them converted to standard materials so I can work with the file and get it looking right in another renderer.

there's about 10 materials, and they're in this matlib file. Much gratitude to whoever can send me a version of this matlib containing standard materials at vray@jonseagull.com.

Thanks in advance

Jon,

Downloaded your mats, but there is no point in converting them to standard, as they would lose its properties, if what you are asking for are standard materials that resemble their vray conterparts, i think that you should make them yourself, for easines sake. At first i tought about sending you a print screen of the mat editor, but again, is useles because missing maps.

Anyway, will send the print screen, so you can see the mats and have an idea of what they look like.

Your good hearted vray user

Comment

Really I'm just looking to copy over the diffuse/bump map trees/coordinates, and to find out what material goes where on the model ([missing material] materials don't even make their NAME known in the editor, which is a big pain). Any advanced settings I'll rebuild myself.

Thanks.

Comment

download the demo, maybe that is the best solution (if aviable)

Comment

Already downloaded Free (didn't do the job), have an email in for a demo, have a deadline in 14 hours.

Comment

Hi there. I don't think you need to wait for an email for the demo. Last time I checked you would get it very fast at least. Sorry I can't help I don't have Vray installed where I'm at now.
            /Andreas

Comment

By the way, I want to make clear that I HAVE the texture maps. I just don't know what maps go with what material, and using what coordinate tweaks. The maps haven't been included with the zip file because they aren't relevant to the help I need, which is to get the maps out of Vray materials and into something I can read.

Comment

I dont think your going to get very far if you dont know which maps go with which materials. Your going to need the demo.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Thanks

The problem has been solved; many thanks to those of you who helped out.

Comment

Working...
                  X