No announcement yet.

WinXPSP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm...i havent booted w/ the 3G switch since before SP2, but i'll try it out and let you know geddart

Comment

We are running XP SP2 with the /3GB Switch.
      Best regards,

Corey Rubadue
      Director

Chaos Group

Comment

Just installed it on one computer, turned off all the firewall and security stuff, and the machine with it installed took considerably longer to render than the machine without it.

Comment

Architectural Desktop 2005 lost some functionality with sp2. Didnt look too much into it, just notice spell check wasnt working 100% correct, so sp2 was removed.

Comment

after I installed it I've also been having random keyboard+mouse lockups....to the point where I had to restart my comp......that would happen when I'd leave my comp iddle for a couple hours the come back to it only to see mouse+ keyboard not working.......

have any of you had that happen?

paul.

Comment

I have WinXP SP2 and Max6 SP1 onboard and there are no problems . Please do yourselves a favor and deactivate the Sp2 firewall it causes problems really often .

Comment

Originally posted by INDIAN
                Please do yourselves a favor and deactivate the Sp2 firewall it causes problems really often .

hmmm.....I'm gonna have to try that.....thanks for the tip.

paul.

Comment

We have not heard from Chaos on SP2 yet. I'm curious as to there position on installing it. Discreet says not to install.

What do you say Vlado or Peter? Any issues you're aware of with vray?

Tony

Comment

discreet says not to install because they dont want to be held liable for giving a go-ahead if some minor tiny thing breaks (that no one has found yet)

as for chaos, i dont think they care one way or the other if you install SP2...plenty of people have installed it without if affecting vray

Comment

after installing sp2 it seems like the settings for virtual memory are ignoring me, i have a 4gb striped partition that is for my paging file and its decided to use one on the c drive, even after i told it to get rid of it.
                      Anyone else had this problem?
                      Otherwise it goes

Comment

I think that your pagefile is too large . i don't think you use all the 4 gb do u ? try making it 2gb and see what happens .

Comment

after turning off the windows firewall, my lockups for an iddle comp w/ SP2 have stoped.......hopefully they won't come back

paul.

Comment

I read somewhere a while back that you shouldn't really have a pagefile any bigger than the amount of Ram in your machine, and that it should be fixed in size - not variable - in order for optimum performance.
                            Kind Regards,
                            Richard Birket
                            ----------------------------------->
                            http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Keep in mind that having a partition on your hard drive only for v-mem is really better than having it with other programs and stuff . Also 2 and 3 Gb v-mem should be enough . I have 3 partitions on my hard drive and one of them is 2,5 Gb for v-mem only . Try it !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X