Distributed Rendering 'Scene will Not Load'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering 'Scene will Not Load'

Okay, I haven't been working too long on this issue, but I just can't get it working. I've been using Vray for several weeks now and understand most of the options and how they work, so I decided to install the distributed rendering system (we are using Viz 4).

Anyway, to make a long story short, I have one scene that works completely fine across the network (materials, lighting, etc), all the other scenes I've tried say, "Scene Failed to Load" and completely don't work.

Come to think of it, the one that works uses standard Max materials with Vraymaps in the reflections/refractions (a holdover from when we tested the free version) while the other one uses Vraymtl for all the materials.

Any ideas as to why this could be happening?

Okay, so if I clear out the material editor, and have ALL materials in the editor set to a standard material with no maps, the distributed rendering works fine.

Any idea why this would be happening? Figured I'd at least post my fix since I've seen others with the same problem (Reentry error) but no solutions.

Comment

Did you clear out vrayfree and install vray on the slaves? Sounds like a plugin issue
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Working...
      X