X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me figure this out

Here's the scenario:

I compute IR map using Multiframe incremental. Afterwhich I render the
    entire animation to a render farm using Backburner. Everything starts out fine, but after sometime the renders are a bit splotchy, and some shadows
    are left behind after some frames.

I tried re-rendering the problem frames locally, using the same IR map
    that I saved before, the frames render fine and correctly.

I'm using 1.09 r

I issue the jobs from a windows 2003 server. The farm workstations are windows XP Home edition on a ntel P4 HT 3.0 GHz utilizing 100mbps lancards

Some insight would be appreciated

Hi and welcome to the forum ..

Have you got moving objects ?
    also use Incremental add to current map.
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Yes, lots of moving objects. I have been used to rendering architectural animations where there is only a minimal of moving objects. But now, doing product animations is killng me.

I've always thought that Multiframe is the way to go for animations.

thanks for the welcome Natty, although I've been a member since last year, but was just lurking around here.

Comment

For lots of moving objects it would probably be better to directly compute each and every frame... long render times ..
        Natty

Comment

Multiframe incrementla or add to map both require that there are no moving lights or objects in yourt scene. There is a difference between the two but not for that.

This does not mean that ll is lost. What I would try to do is to render things in two passes. One pass with the object that are not moving where you can use the multiframe option, and a second one with the moving objects. You can then comp the two together.

Comment

what are the differences between multiframe incremental and incremental add...is one better than the other for animation?
            Digital Progression

Comment

Natty:

So, does this mean computing the IR map is out of the question and just render the animation frame by frame?

Comment

Hi ..

yeah the best way to do it is to direct compute each and every frame.
                you can fake by using a script called E-Light from script spot .com..
                from this you can calc the irr map with no object's.. just camera move's, then add the moving obects, set up the E-Light script and render from the saved IRR map ... the E-Light will create a dome of lights which fake GI... Tom on the forum has had a lot of sucsess with this technique so its best to talk to him when he's back from his hols..

hope this is of some help.
                Natty

Comment

Working...
                X