X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray in MAX4.2...............

hi all!

got a quick question for you...

Im currently working in MAX4.2, and Im interested in buying Vray Advanced...
    I really wanna upgrade to Max 7.0 at the same time but I cant afford it at the moment... so... :

Will Vray behave differently, work slower, or lack any functions if used with Max4.2 compared to never max versions like 5 or 6?

I know never max versions support the use of IES lights... my versions doesnt... Will I be able to use IES light data through Vray directly? Or do I need to buy a never version of MAX for that??

any input, suggestions or thoughts are very appreciated!

best regards!
    Kalle

vray doesn't have native support for ies per se. You have to use the photometric lights that ship with max. But vray uses those lights pretty well.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Hi Kalle.. and welcome to the forum.

For Max 4.2 you will be able to download version 1.09.03n.
      this has all the feature's availible the same as max5 and 6.
      Unfortunaitly max6 version doesnt support DR at the moment but that wont worry you because max 4.2 does.

Vray works with the max standard ies light's and is not a feature of vray, so you will have to upgrade max to gain that, or if i remember rightly you can bye Design Extentions for max which i think includes ies light's, but dont quote me on that..
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

thanks guys!
        ok, so basically, if I can live without the IES lights, Vray will work no differently on my max4 than on max6? sweet.

"Unfortunaitly max6 version doesnt support DR at the moment but that wont worry you because max 4.2 does. "

sorry, but What is "DR"??

natty: I know the latest version is 1.09.03....... but Ive read somewhere on this forum about another verison... more like 1.4... that is currently in Alpha or Beta state... atleast not compleatly finished.
        Can I download this verison as well if I buy Vray? Or is that one only for beta-testers and bug-finders?

Been reading some good stuff about the Lightmap technique... and if Im not mistaken that one isnt included in 1.09.03.......

thanks again!

Comment

DR- Distributive rendering. This is a way for more than one computer to work on a single rendered image. It accomplishes this by using "buckets" or smaller regions of the rendering.

There is a 1.45.70 version out now. It is in public beta for all registered users of vray. The 1.5 version should be out soon (we all hope). If you buy vray, you will be able to download 1.45.70, and 1.5 when it is released. Im not 100% sure if they have a max 4 compliled 1.45, but i would assume so.

Lightmap is not in 1.09

Travis

Comment

ok, thanks. Sadly I only have one computer, so I guess DR wont help me right now... but at least I know what it means now =)

Im not 100 % sure that the 1.45.70 beta works with max4, but I know that 1.5 will when its released...

got another little question... :
            If I buy Vray from the chaosguys website, do I get my download codes as soon as I pay them? Or do I have to wait a couple of days or so?
            Im working on a project now that could really use some nice grass displacements and stuff, but If I have to wait for the codes I dont think I have the time to implement it into my scene before deadline....

thanks in advance!

Comment

I would wait till you have finnished your project.. then buy vray
              Natty
              http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

naah... thats no fun.... =)

oh well... we´ll se what happens.... using vrayFREE now, and it works pretty well too....

Comment

i think 1.45 does not work with max4 yet...
                  -
                  render forza!

-----

Office Le Nomade, Vienna

web: www.oln.at
                  blog: blog.oln.at

Comment

Working...
                  X