Saving Light maps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Light maps...

Is there any way of saving lightmaps while rendering the image, instead of waiting to the whole image is done.

The rendering has done its Photon map and its Irradiance map calculation and is now (very slowly) rendering the image itself - im just wondering if the two lightmaps is stored somewhere temporarily? - this way i could make a copy before my rendering timeouts.

... the whole timeout issue... jeez that bugs me... Using Max4 at the moment with Vray 1.09.03m - and i can only set the render timeout settings in My Network rendering Manager settings... but even though its set to 6000 minutes my renderings allways times out after 10h.

or maybe ive missed something important....

Any ideas?
    Jonas Andersen
    Cadpeople | Visual Communication
    www.cadpeople.com

you can choose to not render the image...look in the global rollout.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

yeah... i know you can do that... in fact that is probably the only solution.. was just wondering if Vray was saving to a file during the process... it would prevent me from having to stop and restart my renderings.

I know i should probably have thought of this before i hit render...
      Jonas Andersen
      Cadpeople | Visual Communication
      www.cadpeople.com

Comment

Working...
      X