X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate Help Please

Please can somebody help.

I have downloaded the free v-ray renderer for Max 4 unzipped the file
    but there seams to be only one max type file when unzipped into a new folder. Even though i have read the manual on installation it does say that there should be two files you should load into Max. While in Winzip
    i can actually see the two files mentioned but when unzipping into a new folder only one of the said required files appear.

I then loaded it into the Max plugins folder as said in the V-ray manual
    but when i start Max on startup max says it could not load the plugin.

Am i missing the plot here and not doing the loading right, or is ther a corruption on download maybe.

I really would like to try and use the renderer as the results look fantastic.

Please Help Somebody.

Are you sure you have the right file's for max 4 ?
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Hi Natty

Thanks for getting back to me yes i have downloaded the correct version for Max 4 i also emailed Chaos who have now replied and they have given me the correct instructions for loading into Max.

I think there maybe a problem with my Winzip as it is showing the required files before i unzip them to a new folder but when i unzip
      it is only putting one of the required files into this folder.

So i think it would be a good idea to unzip the files directly into the Max
      directories from winzip as said in the instructions. If not maybe winzip is broke.

Thankx.

Comment

sometimes in winzip, if you click on one of the files in the zip before extracting it will only extract that one file.

You may need to choose all files when extracting to solve that part of the problem.

also make sure you are using a recent version of winzip...atleast 8

Comment

Working...
        X