Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• huge GI splotches with motion blur

Hi,

I was doing some easy tests with motion blur, as I never used it before. Here are 2 images, with and without mblur:

How can I get rid of these splotches? I also get splotches with slower moving objects where the blur isn't that big.

Here's an animation where you can see splotches when the rotation is fast:
    http://users.pandora.be/stor1/vray/mblur_02.avi

I tried with better values for every GI setting, without any luck.

Any suggestions?

flipside
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

So nothing at all changes when you up the GI settings? Are you using a VRayLight with area shadows along with that HDRI? Maybe the MB distributes the lights Subdivs over the time frame of the dynamic geometry. Could also have something to do with reflected GI caustics.

--Jon

Comment

I had a similar problem with an animation and it turned out that I had to calculate the irradiance map for each frame, rather than incremental calculation. Took forever to render.....
      How come Psychics have to ask for your name?

Comment

I calculate frame per frame as there are moving objects involved, inceremental only works for walkthroughs and fly arounds.

I use skylight only, the hdri is only for reflections.
        Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
        X