misleading info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misleading info

We recently purchased vray assuming that 1.45.70 worked with Viz 4.
    The web site indicated that the latest version that we will be purchasing is:

V-Ray feature list page of web site:

Features of the current official V-Ray build (1.45.70).
    Others

Irradiance map viewer for managing global illumination maps.
    Utility for baking illumination into texture map for use in real-time applications.
    *****Supports 3dsmax R3, R4, R5, R6.***********
    Compatible with most of the widely used 3dsmax plugins.

After paying and downloading the latest build we found it didn't work.
    We are not happy at all considering the only reason we bought this software is to render a very large model that could not be rendered with viz. (Reliable handling of extremely large datasets (millions of unique raytraced triangles) even with limited memory resources.)

Whats the story? Will vray 1.45.70 ever work with Viz4? Will Vray 1.5 work with Viz4? WHEN WILL either of them work with Viz 4?

We need to know asap before we waste further money on upgrading viz4.

We were given 1.09.03i by vray and they said this was the only version that works with Viz 4. This over a year old and not what we paid for.

Could somebody please give us a straight answer. This is all very confusing.

VRay 1.5 will work with VIZ3, VIZ4, 3dsmax R3.x, R4.x, R5.x, R6.x

If you need a recompile of the beta build for viz4, you can email me at vlado@chaossw.com and it can be arranged.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi The wool.

I had the same problem recently with viz4 not being able to handle the scene so we bought Vray, and upgraded viz4 to viz2005 and the latest build works perfectly.

Personally though I would say stick to the stable older version of Vray untill you are in a position to upgrade to viz2005 (which I am finding much more stable + it has mental ray capabilities).

Lightmapping is great and the extra features in the beta are usefull but im still using 1.09 for now.

Comment

We were given 1.09.03i by vray and they said this was the only version that works with Viz 4. This over a year old and not what we paid for.
        Actually. That is what you paid for. 1.45.7 is a BETA. Paying customers were allowed in on the beta, but 1.09.03 is still the "for purchase" version.

Comment

Good that Vlado cleared it up for you but I don't see any misleading information Nowhere in that text does it says that Viz4 is supported

--Jon

Comment

Vlado,

We have emailed you on numerous occassions at vlado@chaossw.com and have yet to recieve a reply.

It seems your office is closed?? Is the above email correct?

Comment

It is correct, and I will send you the build. I had severe problems recompiling it and had to fix them.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Thanks. Looking forward to receiving it.

Comment

Hi, just sent you a Max4/Viz4 recompile of VRay 1.45.78; if you don't receive it, let me know either here or through a private message.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Working...
                  X