Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray proxy and materials!!???

hello everyone
    i ve only managed to start testing the latest beta version due to huge project workload
    one of the main fetaures that we wanted to test is the vray proxy beacuse our models are of huge areas ( large masterplans) and we have a serious memory - high poly count issue.
    it is a very powerful option.
    but.....
    at the moment it looks like its completely unusable unless we need to render millions of teapots with the same material
    is it just a beta issue that the material does not get stored with the proxy??
    will it be solved?
    is there a workaround to allow it to include material information of the original object?
    the help files say that it doesnt store materials
    if thats the case for the fianl version then whats the point of having it in the first place?
    i would really appreciate any input
    thanks in advance
    kind regards
    alkis

hello again
    after some more extensive searching on the forum i found some questions to my answer
    so you could disregard the above post
    however
    any chance in the near future of being able to export multiple objects or a scene as one vraymesh that retains all the material info as well??
    having to attach everything or export multiple seems to be a bit tedious for very large scenes
    even so it looks like the begining of a new era for us with less sleepless night babysitting renders and debating the use of more or less polygons
    regards
    alkis

Comment

hello, would you mind to point me to the right direction in order to solve this problems of material and proxy? i guess i am passing for the same problem of you , and i dont know what to do to get materials in my proxy object
      natal - brazil

Comment

Working...
      X