X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect setting...

Hello to all of you.
    This my first time here
    I felt in love for Vray... heheh... now I'm learning to use it.
    Now I have a question! :P

When I wake-up this morning I noticed that just one sun ray illuninated all my bedroom... not direct light, no much shadow in the corner.
    Very bright and very uniform lighting.

I think to set parameters is usefull to find the right rapport between quality/time... but if the time is not the problem, if I could set the max quality... whitch parameters I have to modify?

In my scene I put these parameters:

> The room-test dimensions are:
    lenght 4,90m - width 3.41m - height 2,75 (like my bedroom!! :P )

> Material: VRayMtl (default) : color gray (value 180)

> Light parameters are

> render parameters are

> rendered scene is:

In this test I can't put another light to help the primary light in the scene... like in the real world
    What I forgot to do?!
    the scene is too dark... there's not very diffuse light.

Thanks

its still necessary in alot of interior shots to adjust color mapping to lighten up things.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum

You should use a direct (as sun) also to bring in more light and use more subdivisions for the photonmap calculation, if time is not a problem. It is not really like in real world but the result will be.
      Environment multiplyer could be higher also.

cheers

Comment

hi ML-A!

When you write "use a direct" do you mean "direct ligh" with a vrayshadow, isn't it?

...and which parameter do you mean when you write
        "more subdivisions for the photonmap calculation"??

Comment

hi ML-A!
          mark please

exactly: use a direct light with vrayshadows
          for photons change the diffuse subdivisions. Now are set to 2000 at you.
          But first try with direct light and irradiance map, just after that use photons. my opinion.

Comment

Hi valentina3ds,

Percydaman has a good point. This is based on the fact that our eyes and brain have a much larger range than any software will ever have. So they can adjust to allow us to see in low light making it seem as if a room is much more illuminated than it is.

--Jon

Comment

Yes thats true color mapping could help, but can produce some overexposed areas also which are not very nice. However using lot of diffuse subdivisions for photon map calcuation can light up your scene with a bigger amount of light. Which looks more natural.

Comment

I find playing with the exposure is always kinda trick since there aren't that many controls to play with....I'd rather do that in post....

I'd say besides the direct light addition, the value of the environment (skylight) would make the big difference....how ever overdoing skylight can wash out your entire image....so it should be used carefully.

paul.

Comment

Thanks to all of you.... I have to try
                  byeeee

Comment

Working...
                  X