2 Pass Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Pass Rendering

Can any one give me a quick break down of how to render one animation with 2 passes then compile together in premier ? I need to render a scene with the buildings in then under a separate pass render the enviroment and trees. obviously I can hide the buildings but then they will show through. Shadows cast onto the buildings is also going to prove a problem. Any help a.s.a.p is much appreciated just had this job dropped on my desk with a tight deadline.

Thanks
    SV

Invisible to camera

Instead of hiding your building you could make them invisible to camera (object properties) Vray calculates GI and reflection like your buildings are visible, but they are not rendered.

Hope you get the job done.

Pien

Comment

What I need is the trees to be cut off behind the buildings where they would not be visible.

Thanks

Comment

What you need to do then is select all your building objects and in the object settings dialog in the VRay settings set them to matte objects with a -1 alpha contribution. However I just completed an animation where I needed to do this (with 1.09.xx) and it didn't work... a third of the building rendered correctly with no alpha, a third rendered as a ghost, and another third ghosted with alpha. Couldn't source out the problem, so I had to just render a separate black and white matte pass (background and all hidden objects with a black material, visible objects with white self-illuminated, rendered with no GI).

It's not the best, but it worked. Though the matte/negative alpha might work for you if you're on a newer version. And half the time it works for me, I just am clueless to why it doesn't the other half.

Shaun
        ShaunDon

Comment

Just tried it with the standard Max material matte/shadow and it seems to have worked fine thanks for your help.

SV

Comment

Working...
          X