Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Architectural Verified Views

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could help/comment on this subject.

I have heard quite a few companies mention they produce verified views for buildings. I understand the purpose of this (planning, environmental impact asessment), but I have no idea about the processes involved.

Could somebody shed some light on the subject?

Ollie

... Great forum by the way!

Im not sure I know what a "verified view" is.

Travis

Comment

To Quote:

"Images that can be generated using supplementary survey data to create verified views which can be checked by third parties to confirm accuracy."

I found this text on a CGI companies site. So, as far as i understand it's a process of ensuring an architectural 3d model comped into a photo is accurate in terms of structure, and in relation to it's surroundings.

That's what i understand at least, dunno if that helps or even makes sense?... i'm really interested in the process if any body knows?

Cheers,

Ollie

Comment

Maybe they just provide the client the ability to look at the 3d model in relation to the provided plans and say "yup looks good" ?

--Jon

Comment

Hi Ollie

Its when a buildings exact measurements are taken from say, a satalite and then the exact measuremets of the camera are taken. then a pro photo is taken of the street where the building is or is going to go, and a can be matched in max to give you the exact camera angle for camera match.
          Natty
          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Its all done using GPS data, not that hard really I have a friend that works for a well known practice in manchester they do it all the time. Relating camera position to max, then back to points taken from the photograph.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks to everybody for your comments and info.

Much appreciated.

Ollie

Comment

Working...
              X