Animation Render Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation Render Help

I would like to ask anyone who might know, the best way to render an animation with a network farm. The idea of rendering an animation of still 3D scenes is already known with Irradiance maps per frame in a single irradiance file to read from. But what happens if i want to render an animation with full movement and characters animated, objects etc. The known per frame calculation is a bit flickery and Multi-Frame incremental for a network Farm is buggy due to a large number of rendering stations and the random spread of frames. Please if anyone knows the best way to render a full animation on a network farm or on a single PC , it would be very helpful. And also any preferred settings would help allot.

this is the way i do animations
    i usually render 1000 frame per exterior and interior. so its much more better to farm it. cuz whenever one frame is rendered the other computer gets the second frame to render. so it does shorten ur render time. i usually save them as tga file format and then i combine them with vpost by saying the total frames to be set up 30 frames per second. that is the smoothest animation you could get. if you change that range its gonna flicker or do something else. there is a software PLUGIN that makes 24 frames show like 30 frames so by this you get more frames and a smoother animation.

Comment

Repl

The question that i was asking is what wat would be better to render an animation with moving objects and characters in it. With an Irradiance map every 10 frames or something around that the animation becomes flickery and erroneus. What technigue would i have to use to combine Caustics, GI in an animation with full movement NOT only of the camera but also of the objects in the scene and get a correct quality of render.

Comment

Single frame.

--Jon

Comment

Hi fgcity

what you ask for isnt more or less the hardest task a renderer can have.

the speed of today gi renderers in stills commes in big parts from very intelligent concepts, that let you render the overal lightsolution only once, and only there where it is needed.

such lightsolutions for example radiosity or the incremental ad to current frame method of the i-map, give a very good solution that only does not show how far it is away from the realworld solution, because you reuse this lightsolution for each frame. this is why in single frame the same settings lead to exessiv flickering.

so usualy you have to render the whole animation like said in single frame modus. and also you have to push all of your settings, to reduce your flickerig noise to an aceptible amount.

only idea was, to render in layers.

for example, render the backround and all not moving things of environement in the usual incremental ad to current frame modus as a flightthroug animaiton.

now take your moving things, and do wether a new renderpasss, using the vray mate shadow options, or fakelights, as i have done in another animaiton i did some time before.

just look at this thread.

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...ghlight=da+elf

so what s new after this thread, fakelight gets obsolet with the newest internal 1.4603, because vlado has implemented a new domlight option that doesnt need gi further. very very nice. so this could later also help

Good luck. Gi animations allways is very hard to compute

Tom

Comment

Tnx Tom

Comment

Working...
            X