No announcement yet.

NEW BMW 3 Series, animation discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW BMW 3 Series, animation discussion.

view DSL version...
    I expected more on 3d quality for such a high profile presentation. Even i did better with series 1... stills are ok, but animation quality, materials and composition is 7 out of 10
    http://www.bmw.com/generic/com/en/pr...se_2/movie.htm

I liked it. suppose it could have been better, but probably not by me.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

yeah...the rendering kindof sucked on this...here a way better example of how it should have been done:
      bmw series 1http://www.cgtalk.ru/gallery/showpho...sort=1&cat=501
      and my bmw old old one
      Dmitry Vinnik
      Silhouette Images Inc.
      ShowReel:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
      https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Beautiful car.

Comment

As they say in the hip hop groups... Bling Bling!!!

In my mind a little to much Bling Bling

Comment

hey! that BMW series 1, i bought it straight from MPAVLOS... i totally repainted it tho... i will try to upload it when is done...

Comment

wow that bmw 1 series looks like a bmw on the front and a pt cruiser at the back.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

this one supposed to be more or less affordable... well, here is 30.000 euros, and i've seen 2 today on the road.

Comment

ok, found it on another HDD...is still W.I.P tho

Comment

i was disappointed with the environment in the series 3 presentation, you could see where they set the planes on the background!!!!. and btw, that thing ran hella slow on my machine; also taking away from the overall appearance. the materials and model are absolutely brilliant though.

Comment

i think their camera movements were a bit NO NO... and i agree, environment screwed it all, was it lighitng that spoiled it all??? anyway, again in overall it could be twice better tho, with not much time involved.

Comment

Check out the center of the wheels when the camera moves. What's up with that pavement? Looks like carpet to me.

--Jon

Comment

ezrhythm I'm courious why you think the camera movements is a bit no no. These kind of camera moves is the same my clients request from me.

/Thomas
                          www.suurland.com
                          www.cg-source.com
                          www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

shall i say " GOTCHA!" or shall i'll leave it for you?
                            ------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion, camera movements could be kinda more creative...
                            anyway, whatever..MY CONCLUSION, and its enough to discuss here.

If this presentation was for FIAT, i'd say "WICKID!!!"
                            But excuse me, if i had such an accound as BMW, i'd try harder...
                            Is all about the client here, do you get my point?

Comment

No, I don't get your point.

If those cameras was a specific request from the client then what can you do, nothing..

I'm just interested in hearing how it should be done according to you.

And if you think that I'm the one who made that bmw then your wrong, I just have similar projects with similar camera animations, that's why I would like to know.

/Thomas
                              www.suurland.com
                              www.cg-source.com
                              www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

Working...
                              X