New to Vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Vray

Hello all....I am new to vray but not new to rendering......Been doing this for about 13 years now and lately we have been using 1 light dome for our lighting.. If I delete all the lights and start from scratch....What should I use....A direct light from above? Lighting has always been my weakpoint....so any tips are helpful...We mostly do Architectural renderings if that helps.

Thanx

Eric Camper
    Studio3D
    www.dbfinc.comstudio3d
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

check this website out. Has a couple tutorials with scene files. Very informative.

http://www.osmosis.com.au/info/tutorials.htm

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Thanx man....I shall check it out........
      Eric Camper
      Studio 3D
      www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Hi Eric. I was in the same boat as you. Basically the skylight in your vray environment settings take the place of the lightdome. Keep your directional light (sun) and turn on GI. Then it's a matter of endlessly tweaking settings to get the desired results. The skylight has a multiplier just like any light to adjust it's intensity. GI settings also have multipliers along with sample settings that affect speed/quality, for starters I just use the presets. And it's very helpful to always save the irradiance map and reuse when possible to avoid recalculating it every render.
        "A severed foot would make the ultimate stocking stuffer"
        -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Hi Eric,
          Take a look at the archive section page 19, Vlado the legend posted some sample scenes there which i found useful just to see the settings he used.

Cheers,
          TD

P.S. I'm new to v-ray also similar boat etc.

Comment

here is something i wrote as well
            http://www.vray.info/topics/t0107.asp

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

here is something i wrote as well
              http://www.vray.info/topics/t0107.asp
              I used that doc when I was starting out, it has served me well Thanks for writing it!
              Chris
              The Revitlution

Comment

anytime. what good is this forum if we cant be helpfull to one another

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
                X