Question about V-Ray build 1.45.70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about V-Ray build 1.45.70

We are planning to move at office the old vray 1.09 to the new 1.45, but we have a few question (and yes, we own a legal copy) is it still a beta, is it still more unstable that the 1.09x? We are having really really problems with the way vray manages instances (in scanline, 800mb, in vray after 2gb crash). So it is recommended to move to the new version in a full production load? (we manage 5-8 projects at same time)

Thanks in advance

1.45 is very stable, BUT...don't use it for current projects.
    it doesn't handle 1.0x scenes very well, because some settings changed dramatically, especially the glossy stuff in the material.
    if you plan building new scenes from the scratch it is safe and i'd recommend switching.
    Marc Lorenz
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
    www.marclorenz.com
    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

can old and new vray versions run in the same max?

Comment

can old and new vray versions run in the same max?
        Sort of: http://vray.info/topics/t0110.asp
        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

also if you are planning to use it for animations spread across several machines ,with presaved ir map stick with the old version
          the public beta has a major problem with the presaved ir map cos tis doesnt allow multiple cmputers to access it at the same time and you have to do it one by one
          i believe though its already fixed
          cant wait for the latest version because the above is really crippling us.
          regards

Comment

Plastic -

I don't understand, why can't I use 1.45.70 to render current scene's? Shouldn't it be fully compatible with old scene's? What would I need to update in my old scene's to make if work well in 1.45.7? I've been working on a 1,500 home fly-through and have been building it in 1.09 but was planning on installing 1.45.7 before rendering it because I've read that 1.09 can't handle this amount of polygons and 1.45.7 can. Any information from the fourm would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

I don't understand, why can't I use 1.45.70 to render current scene's? Shouldn't it be fully compatible with old scene's?
              You can, but you shouldn't. Various settings (such has glossy settings, QMC settings, etc) have drastically different effects in 1.45.7 because of changes to the algorythms to calculate them.

*edited to fix problem with quotes*

Comment

ok, I was just worried that it would crash or something to that effect. Just wondering what are others out there doing when creating a huge animation? I've seen several posts that VRay can't handle that many polygons. How have you guys been rendering your scene's? Would 1.45.70 be a better solution to a scene such as mine?

Comment

public beta has a major problem with the presaved ir map cos tis doesnt allow multiple cmputers to access it at the same time
                  THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have absolutely been racking my brain about this, have tried so many different options, thought i had problems all over the place - my support team didn't know the problem, we were checking wires and ram and everything but the save IR map just wasn't loading. When will the new build be out - this is a difference between 40 minute render times and 12 minutes, and i really want to use this!

Is it available in the 1.46 release - and if it is working - how do i get a copy of this. In our vray account we only have the option of downloading 1.09.03 and 1.45.70?

Comment

Working...
                  X