Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise map going crazy

Hi,

The grey ground has a fine noise material on it (in combination with a bitmap in a mix map). Look at the bottom, the noise is suddenly different there.

What could cause this?

Thanks for any help!

Wouter
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

hmmm.. did you adjust the mesh at all in subobject mode? maybe remove everything but the gray box and post the scene?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Strange, but if you look at where the fine noise is there is still a larger noise that is similar to the rest of the large noise. I'm sure this is only a test but have you tried rendering with higher image sampling yet?

--Jon

Comment

Here's the file (I removed the bitmap, the effect is still there).

http://users.pandora.be/stor1/vray/boxonly.zip

(oops link was wrong - corrected it now!)

wouter
        Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Fix

I have opened your scene and checked the material. You have 2 noise maps, the one which is called "asphaltnoise" has a size parameter of "0.02". Change that to 0.03 and the problem will be solved. The change will not affect almost at all the scene, i don't know why the material brakes if that value is smaller but one of the solutions is one above . I hope i helped.

Comment

Thanks for your help!

Just 5 minutes ago I found a workaround too. I changed the mapping of the mix noise map to explicit map channel instead of object xyz. I added a new uvw map for the scale of this noise map.

Wouter

Comment

Working...
            X