No announcement yet.

Max7 having problem with Vray1.09.03r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the only solution I can see is to save the maps after each frame, instead of at the end of the rendering. However this means that if the maps are big, there will be additional time for each frame...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Does anyone have a workaround for this?
      This is going to have major consequences for much of the work that we are doing - looks like we will have to uninstall Max7 and go back to version 6!
      Does anyone know how to convert Max7 files to Max6?

NIGHTMARE!!!!
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket
      ----------------------------------->
      http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

9 out of 10 its not related but how are you running the Backburner manager and server. If I run Backburners's applications as services then any scene I run will render fine but allways gives errors when trying to save the frame. But if I run them as normal applications then it works just fine. I've had this happen on max 6 and 7 and still not sure why. All the slaves have administrative rights also and it doesn't matter if I use the "\server name" path or with a mapped drive I get the same result when trying to run any Backburner aplication as a service.

-dave
        Cheers,
        -dave
        â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

It's not a matter of settings; VRay doesn't get a chance to even try to save the map in max7.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ah K just a thought. So its discreet's fault then

-dave
            Cheers,
            -dave
            â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

syclone, your issue is probably that you need to set the services to run as a particular user instead of the "interact with desktop" option, and then make sure that the user they are running as has appropriate permissions on the network

Comment

i think ezrhythm have some solution for this problem ask him.
                Luke Szeflinski
                :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

ups my mistake, he's got even 2 solutions
                  Luke Szeflinski

Comment

syclone, your issue is probably that you need to set the services to run as a particular user instead of the "interact with desktop" option, and then make sure that the user they are running as has appropriate permissions on the network
                    Dynedain, Ive tried the user approach using the administrative account and my own user account which Im also an administrator and still get the same issue.

-dave
                    Cheers,
                    -dave

Comment

Are you making fun if me?
                      You some of your creativity, find a solution, i render IMAPs throght the network with MAX7... i am not helping ya, sorry... enough ready made stuff for you there, made by us. Too bad you are on this forum, i cant speak freely and share stuff.

Comment

you made something for me here?!... please I've spent almoust two weeks cleaning this mess you left here, reinstalling everything, making every farm working like it should.Recall gigafarm9, you smart guy should know why it couldn't connect to backburner, but you just left it to stand and do nothing.Sorry but you didn't do anything for me here. And it's quite strange that you the only one have the solution for this IMAP problem even if Vlado wrote that it's backburner problem and only discreet can do something about it.Damn man, than you should be on vray team programming another verison of vary if you are so smart. Can't you see that you're wasting your talent. "Too bad you are on this forum, i cant speak freely and share stuff." man I can only say too bad that you are on this forum cause this and anyother forum doesn't need anyone who don't want to share stuff, cause you probably missunderstand the whole idea of forums.But hey it's your problem not mine.Take care and have a good IMAP network rendering.
                        Luke Szeflinski

Comment

hey Hey HEY!!!

Keep crap like this to personal messages. That's what they are there for. We don't need to hear it, and this forum is starting to suffer because of it. This is a proffesional forum and you both are being unproffesional.

Comment

I didn't start it.
                            Luke Szeflinski

Comment

yes, i got a workaround for MAX7 backburner problem...dont use backburner. a bit of scripting involved if you are smart enough.

Dont try to play smart with me, next time you wanna play smart come to my office for a chat... i'll put you in your place.

Comment

hu, we play who has the bigger one in todays kindergarten.

impressiv ezrhythm! you will use force or your brain to put him in place?

then better change your avatar.

Comment

Working...
                                X