No announcement yet.

going back to 1-45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alkis: As a last test, you can try to set the Noise threshold for the QMC sampler to twice its current value; if you used the default 0.005, try 0.01.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

here are further results
      v 1-46
      qmc noise threshold 0,01
      min samples 8
      result : 7m 27 sec , rays 35942907

qmc noise threshold 0,02
      min samples 3
      result : 5m 18 sec , rays 24025846

qmc noise threshold 0,03
      min samples 3
      result : 4m 36 sec , rays 19028980

this seems that it does the trick
      in the irmap rollout it stills shows 29148 samples for the last and fastest try
      should we use these as a default maybe now as the settings i had before were the default ones
      there is no change in the image quality , however due to the resolution its very difficult to judge that accurately.
      i m glad we got somewhere
      thanks for all your time and suggestions vlado

it looks like after all that 1-46 might be staying...

regards
      alkis

Comment

actually there is other way to increase speed, by decreasing the amount value(right above the noise value) to 0.6 for example, and decrease the hsph to 20-25. I think, vray cuts out to fast samples. This will work very well on exteriors even with animation.

Comment

hi again
          losbellos: the issue in this post was not mainly how to optimize the specific scene as the method you mention etc i know and have been using in previous vray versions
          the problem is that both 1-45 and 1-46 with the same default values behave completely differently.
          if there is a need for every scene to change qmc noise etc to get a scene rendering roughly the same as 1-45 then maybe those default values should change to something else and furthermore people should be made aware from now on.
          i only mean it in a very positive way so everyone can get even better results out of vray.
          regards
          alkis

Comment

If you have the time, try to follow some threads about 1.46 in the general and bug sections of the forum. Quite a lot of people are testing the differences between 1.45/1.09 and 1.46. Especially IR map and qmc settings need different values...

For IR map, change hsph to half the value you used before (and best to lower interp also). The qmc iq already discussed above. These are just my thoughts and are based on test with 1.09 vs 1.46, not sure if they apply to 1.45 vs 1.46.

Vray 1.46 has new default settings, but when you load an old scene it takes of course the values of that scene... I would also like to see a shift in values so that old and new builds render a bit more the same. But as vlado already said, this is different for every scene so probabely there's no general rule to do so.

wouter
            Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

its clear what is the problem, but the solution will be anyway always modify by hand. As every secene has to be tweaked for best performance.

And the usual stuff; if u start a scene with a version of software which works ok, better finish with it. Then when u start a newone start on a new software. No problems then (at least by this) ALso I strongly suggest to test all the features u might need.

And I think quite many times it has been noted that it is a beta.
              I mean this on a very friendly way of course. No offense.

Comment

Originally posted by losbellos
                And the usual stuff; if u start a scene with a version of software which works ok, better finish with it. Then when u start a newone start on a new software. No problems then (at least by this) ALso I strongly suggest to test all the features u might need.
                Many times you don't work on a project from start to finish in one continuous amount of time. So after a few months (in which you changed versions), you need to dig up that old file and render some changes. If then everything else that didn't need to change looks suddenly also different or it takes forever to render... Of course you could switch to the version you created the file with, but it would be nicer if this isn't necessary.

Also no offence but usually situations are not that simple.

wouter
                Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

We'll try to make the next build more similar in parameters to older ones, although some tweaking may still be necessary.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ant ETA ..on the next build please Vlado ..
                    Natty
                    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

yes please, a quick turnaround on some of the major bugs would be nice.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

thank you vlado
                        this is precisely why i have stayed with vray for all this time and will continue to do so.
                        i have a feeling as well that the updated build might be much closer than 1.45.70 was with 1.46.04
                        vlado please prove me right....

Comment

Working...
                        X