Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DR in Viz 2005 Works!!!! (Recipe Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR in Viz 2005 Works!!!! (Recipe Inside)

OK, our awesome IT Guy tinkered around with getting DR under Viz 2005 up and running today, and he got it working! Basically he narrowed it down to a problem with the default vraydummy60.xml file that the spawner was using, it was created using max 6 for backburner, and for some reason this wasn't working with viz2005 and backburner...

anyway long story short, copy and rename any existing backburner .xml file that you have rendered sucessfully in the past (can be an archived job, or whatever) and rename that to vraydummy60.xml and throw it on the render the server, overwriting the default one, restart vraydummy60.exe and bob's you uncle it works!

I hope this helps timmatron and other fellow viz2005 users.

-Z

PS, watching twelve buckets dance around the screen is pure joy
    Chris
    The Revitlution

thanks for the info, im using viz this will help alot.

Travis

Comment

If this is the case, I'm guessing that the .xml that is in the installer is requiring to some plugin or such that is in max, but not viz

Comment

If this is the case, I'm guessing that the .xml that is in the installer is requiring to some plugin or such that is in max, but not viz
        that's what we figured... if you open up a viz based xml and a max based xml, they are pretty different where it comes to <job description>.

-z
        Chris
        The Revitlution

Comment

That sounds great!....but I'm not too familiar with XML - actually not at all. So how would I go about creating an XML file that is suitable to be renamed vraydummy60?
          Tim Nelson
          timnelson3d.com

Comment

I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!

I found an old xml file in my backburner folder, and renamed it like you said. Its also important, as mentioned somewhere else, to actually create a vraydummy60.max file from VIZ itself, and not just make a new .max file through windows.

I'm so happy, I suddenly feel the urge to buy a few more computers!

Thanks so much for sharing your tip!
            Tim Nelson
            timnelson3d.com

Comment

no problem, glad it worked.

Goodt point about the viz created .max file, we just copied whatever .max file that backburner .xml was pointing to and it worked,

good to know we can just use a blank one!

Chris
              The Revitlution

Comment

Yeah - thanks for that info! I've been running tests so far using 2 additional computers... I've had no problems / no restarting / no clearing the network folder... everything's been working beautifully so far.

Comment

that really works?

seems like chaos need more betatester.

Comment

Yea no kidding! Zoog's IT guy needs to be working for Chaos!
                    Tim Nelson
                    timnelson3d.com

Comment

Originally posted by timmatron
                      Yea no kidding! Zoog's IT guy needs to be working for Chaos!
                      hahahahaha

thanks for the tip, czoog

paul.

Comment

I just did this, but now when I try to fire vrayspawner60, I get a Windows error saying that Vray Spawner cannot continue, but they would be happy to report the problem.

So close!!

Any ideas?

(BTW, VIZ2005 with vray 1.46.09)
                        sigpic
                        J. Scott Smith Visual Designs

FB Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/jssvisualdesigns
                        http://www.linkedin.com/in/jscottsmith
                        https://jscottsmith.com/

Comment

I just did this, but now when I try to fire vrayspawner60, I get a Windows error saying that Vray Spawner cannot continue, but they would be happy to report the problem.

So close!!

Any ideas?

(BTW, VIZ2005 with vray 1.46.09)
                          hmmm... never had that happen. I would try starting over from the top, uninstall/reinstall vray on the node, send a simple non DR job to backburner via net render. Grab that max file and the xml file for that scene, copy and rename them vraydummy60.xml and vraydummy60.max, then copy them to the render nodes, create the ini as per the instructions, then start the vray spawner. Viz should fire up minimized. If you don't get any errors you are good to go. Try DR.

good luck!

-Z
                          Chris
                          The Revitlution

Comment

Just did the whole thing again. Got the same result though.

Error results per Windows:
                            Code:
                            AppName&#58; vrayspawner60.exe	 AppVer&#58; 1.9.1.3	 ModName&#58; msvcrt.dll
                            ModVer&#58; 7.0.2600.2180	 Offset&#58; 0003168d
                            Any chance of getting a copy of the files from someone else to try?
                            sigpic
                            J. Scott Smith Visual Designs

FB Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/jssvisualdesigns
                            http://www.linkedin.com/in/jscottsmith
                            https://jscottsmith.com/

Comment

I can email ours to you... drop me a my emai is my user name here AT jrparch.com

what OS are you using?
                              Chris
                              The Revitlution

Comment

Working...
                              X