Shellac in 1.46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shellac in 1.46

Has anybody been able to render a shellac material? It does not work for me. It was working in 1.09. It just hangs the program. The scene is the
    CornellFinal from Vlado's photon tutorial. Photons and Lightmap work fantastic with just Vray materials. Sometimes I have mixed a Raytrace material in the Shellac (with all Raytrace options disabled) to take use of the diffusion channel etc. Even with two Vray materials in the Shellac it hangs up.

I also use the Shellac for imported Lightscape solutions to mix with Vray material. Just can't calculate lighting!

Any clues?

Ismael

Sorry if this doesn't help, but yeah, I have been using shellac with a vray material today, and it worked in 1.46.04.

Bill

Comment

Bill,

Thank you. I am using Viz 4 and perhaps that is the problem. The previous beta was not compiled for Viz/Max 4. Only this last build so,
      perhaps is lacking in debugging. Maybe Vlado sees this post I hope
      and helps me out.

That Shellac issue aside, I very much like the color mapping, Lightmaps
      and the glossy is faster. Finally got a chance to try the Fur and it is cool.

Ismael

Comment

Just checked and I can compute secondary with Quasi-Monte Carlo using
        Shellac.

So, it is just Photon and Lightmap on secondary I can't compute.

Are there any Viz/Max 4 users around here?

Thanks,

Ismael

Comment

My public appology to all of you that took time to look into the Shellac issue. Apparently I had to recreate geometry and or materials anew with this build for it to work. Have not had the time to see which.

I am not a "Fanboy" but I must say Vray is worth every penny I spent for it. Hope all of you waiting for bug fixes, etc. get it soon.

Thanks,

Ismael

Comment

Working...
          X