difference between versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between versions

I just installed the latest version 1.46.05 and got some pretty dramatic differences in rendering output compared to 1.46.04.

Can anybody tell me what setting might be involved in getting this to look normal again? During lightmap and IRmap calculations, everything looked normal. But when it actually rendered, it looks horrible - see for yourself. Reflection/refraction is turned off.

This is the 1.46.04 version

& This is the 1.46.05 version
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

Gee ... looks like colour mapping is all up the creek
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

looks like a color mapping issue to me.

Edit: Looks like someone beat me to it

Comment

I haven't had time to test yet, but why would color mapping be so much different between the two versions? I didn't change any settings.
        Tim Nelson
        timnelson3d.com

Comment

hi all

I had a similar problem.

read: http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...pic.php?t=9244

vlado told me, that the dark multiplier and the bright multilplier has to be the same. 1/1 is recommended.

best regards
          themaxxer
          Pixelschmiede GmbH
          www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

I've done several test renders on old and new scenes with out a problem with the color mapping.

It seems that a lot of the problems we are having are not effecting everyone the same way. Perhaps it depends on another setting that we have that is different from the other users that creates a problem.

If it were a bug with only the color mapping, then we should all have the same problem.

Can you recreate this with a simple scene? If so, post the scene with the problem and then others can try it and see if they have the same problem on their machine.

Tony

Comment

I don't think its a color multiplier problem. If it is, then there is a bug in the current build, or in my scene. I do need to try to reproduce this in another scene though as suggested by Tony.

For my rendering, I was using HSV Exp. with a dark at x2 and bright at default 1. I tried setting both at 1 to see what would happen in 1.46.05 and got similar results. See this pic. where half of it is the IRmap calc. phase. Everything looks fine, good lighting coming in, well defined & dark shadows, etc. But in the rendering stage it is still obviously messed up.

Also, I don't see why we would have to set both multipliers the same anyways. That would defeat the purpose of having 2 seperate values.
              Tim Nelson
              timnelson3d.com

Comment

what does it render like, if you do not use any gi?

Comment

This is what it looks like with GI turned off...

And this is no GI, but on version 1.46.04...BIG difference.

Tim Nelson
                  timnelson3d.com

Comment

It appears to me that either your direct light is much brighter in the 1.46.04 rendering, or that your skylight in the 1.46.04 is brighter.

Maybe it is a good thing to turn off all lights, check for hidden lights, etc. and when you think you have turned all lights off, render again with use default lights uncecked.
                    You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I turned everything off including any enironment light - all except for the direct light. Even still there is a huge difference. Something weird is going on!

1.46.04 version:

1.46.05 version:
                      Tim Nelson
                      timnelson3d.com

Comment

check you Exposure controls. see if they make a change.

Comment

check your environment-tab in max and disable the max exposure control. had the same problem here with 1.46.05
                          http://www.eldaco.net

Comment

It's definitely something weird with color mapping. I'm playing with the settings in 1.46.05 and the results are all over the place - still can't get anything close to the original version.
                            Tim Nelson
                            timnelson3d.com

Comment

can you post me the file so i can have a look dude ?
                              Natty
                              http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X