No announcement yet.

appartment vray1.46.05 testscene - free download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me too this is one of the most informative threads ever. Thanks Wouter for starting it and thanks Vlado for your extensive explanations. Without this thread, I would possibly never have dared to up the subdivisions to 30. What I like the most about this workflow is that you can difine your scene for high quality and use the QMC settings to control the speed for test renderings. Not that I didn't use the QMC settings before, but using it together with adaptive QMC image sampling seems more elegant and predictive than using adaptive sampling.
    Suddenly I feel I get much more control over Vray than I ever had.

Thanks again.
    You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Well, here's my render of the scene. 1600x1300 resolution. Render shown is reduced in size in photoshop.

Rendertime: 38 minutes: 4 minute for lightmap calculation, 34 minutes for ir map calculations and rendering.

30 seconds to adjust gamma in HDRShop. One min. in photoshop to adjust contrast.

dual xeon 2.8 - hyperthreading enabled - 2 gig ram
      slave - athlon 2500 1 gig ram

I can post the full size image if requested.

I am now, officially in render heaven!

Tony

Comment

No shop. Only MAX + VRAY.
        1600õ1300 resolution.
        Rendertime: 32 minutes
        Dual Xeon 3.06 Ram 4Gb. Worked in parallel with render.
        Excuse for bad English

http://www.as90.com/temp/SALuto/Test/appartement_b.jpg

Comment

tony, why is your rendering so much faster?
          what did you change?
          Reflect, repent and reboot.
          Order shall return.

Comment

i LIKE TO SEE how different users light the scene

I have to say that the most balanced IMO is the TRGRAPHICs until now

could we have more detail on parameters used color mapping gamma if used(it seems not used) and lights multipliers?

Saluto is always great in lighting
            but (maybe for the direct comparation with the above image) your solution seems a little cold the sun doesn't give a warm atmosphere but I like it very much too If I remember well u use gamma output in your lighting method. Or I'm wrong?

But I repeat is only my opinion

thanks and thanks in advance
            bye
            Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

saluto, how did you get so much light into the room?
              did you create another light source?
              Reflect, repent and reboot.
              Order shall return.

Comment

To pengo: Yes. Gamma - 2.2
                To tammo: 1 direct + 1 VrayLight + Environment (skylight)

Comment

thanks SALuto

always present always suggest always great artist and user!!

excuse surely I'm wrong but not negative value (as u wrote above -2.2) 2.2 is the value u gived. Am I correct?
                  and... color mapping?wich one? I guess HSV but

anyway always great white parts in yourt rooms in those the lights is always perfect!!

excuse me but my enmglish knowledge is not so good!!
                  bye and thanks in advance
                  Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

+2.2
                    Color mapping - Exponential. Dark multiplier=2,5, bright=1

Comment

Rendertime: 38 minutes: 4 minute for lightmap calculation, 34 minutes for ir map calculations and rendering.

dual xeon 2.8 - hyperthreading enabled - 2 gig ram
                      slave - athlon 2500 1 gig ram
                      Hi TR,

Did you use the dual xeon and athlon 2500 together for this rendering?

What are your lightmap and IR settings? Did you change other things as well? Like the curtain material? It isn't very transparant anymore, could be some other settngs as well.

Saluto, I think your render is fast because you lowered the IR map settings a lot, notice the detail of GI inside the TV table.

Here's my last test (I think ), divided the light multipliers by 2. Used Linear color mapping with dark set to 3.5 to get the scene light enough. Lightmap subdivs=2000 without any filtering (altough it still did a 'prefiltering lightmap pass for some reason )

Some post only for glow around windows and minor levels adjustment (does the same as gamma more or less)

Like Gijs, I like it way more with linear mapping than with exponential. Perfect for me would be if the table gets a little lighter again, but not pure white as in my previous test with linear mapping.

I'm also rendering a small animation to test lightmap and camera animation. It works quite well.

regards,

wouter
                      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Small updating. Hi quality.
                        Color mapping - Exponential. Dark multiplier=2, bright=2

http://www.as90.com/temp/SALuto/Test...tement_b_1.jpg

Comment

Hi saluto,

What are your lightmap and IR settings?

thanks
                          Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

something bad going on in the window ...
                            Natty
                            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Here is what I came up with:

http://www.vrayrender.com/stuff/flip...l/flipside.htm

Best regards,
                              Vlado
                              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X