appartment vray1.46.05 testscene - free download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi people!!!
    I have 2 question, saluto you talk about Gamma 2.2 Where is that parameter, and vlado im a litle lost I download the Irfanview but how I saved my file in HDR from My max Icant

Sorry form my english
    http://guca.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

You can use HDR shop http://www.ict.usc.edu/graphics/HDRShop/ for .hdr images.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado, I quickly took a look at the tutorial. I especially like part III step 2.3.

I really like the use of the QMC sampler to control quality and speed. It's like a render control center, neat!
        You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

awesome! thanks guys for all your help.

Great tutorial, Thanks a million Vlado for making it so easy to follow!
          (step 2.3 made me laugh...)
          when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

cool tutorial...the only thing i don't like is how the final image turns out.
            the gamma correction makes it washed out and the direct sunlight looks very burned out.
            i've seen far better lighted interiour pics here. i'd also prefer to have a closer-to-final output directly from vray. extreme gamma correction in post is something i'd like to avoid.
            Marc Lorenz
            ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
            www.marclorenz.com
            www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

cool tutorial...the only thing i don't like is how the final image turns out.
              the gamma correction makes it washed out and the direct sunlight looks very burned out.
              i've seen far better lighted interiour pics here. i'd also prefer to have a closer-to-final output directly from vray. extreme gamma correction in post is something i'd like to avoid.
              Why so negative? you ofcourse are free to adjust to your own style, as Saluto shows it is not the only technique. There is no "right way" IMHO ,

Anyways thanks guys for taking the time to share you exploring and discoveries

For HDRI editing try hdrie http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/siggraph/eoh...s/eoh2002.html it is open source so it does not have the restrictions that hdrshop has for commercial use.
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Thanks for putting up a link there to my site too

Tutorial came out great, thanks for that too! These were a fun couple of days testing vray, now back to work

I still have one question though about the global subdivs multiplier.

Say you have it at default 1.0, and the IR map hsph=50 and you are satisfied about the IR map quality.
                Now you play with the global multiplier to get rid of noise as in the tutorial, and for example 10 was a good value. Is it correct to set the IR map hsph to 5 to get the exact same IR map result as before, or is it not that linear that it matches up with the global subdivs multiplier?

For example in the tutorial scene, 16 global * 8hsph=128hsph, which is very very high actually.

It's necessary to know how the relationship is, no matter what the order of the testing is (first test noise or first test IR, you always need to adapt one of the two settings after changing the global multiplier).

Same question for glossy values of course, I guess in the tutorial you'll have them pretty low on material settings if the global is set to 16

One thing to solve these issues is to get rid of the global multiplier and replace it by 2 seperate multiplier for:
                - glossy subdivs for materials
                - subdivs for vray area shadows

All the other things also affected by the global multiplier are already fast accessible in on of the rollouts (moblur, dof). This way all qmc related values could be controlled from the 'render scene' dialog.

You could go even further and create a 'global subdivs' rollout like this:

[Checkbox] Material glossies [value]
                [Checkbox] area shadows [value]

Next values are actually overrides of their value in the respective rollout:
                [Checkbox] DOF [value]
                [Checkbox] Mblur [value]
                [Checkbox] QMC GI [value]
                [Checkbox] IR map Hsph [value]

Mmmmmwah, I'm just thinking out loud... But now I find the idea of one global multiplier a bit weird when you need to go and lower other settings anyway. I think there's a crucial difference in subdivs for things in the scene (material and lights) and subdivs in the render dialog (all the others). These last ones can only have one value, because there's only one dof, only one IR map, etc... You will never want to multiply all these settings with one fixed number (unless you have 10 dual 500Ghz pc's)

So to conclude, I think the easiest solution is to remove the global subdivs value and to replace it with
                1. glossy global subdivs multiplier
                2. area light global subdivs multiplier
                For me there's no need to muliply DOF, Mblur, IR hsph and GMC GI

Let me know what you think

wouter
                Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

i'd also prefer to have a closer-to-final output directly from vray. extreme gamma correction in post is something i'd like to avoid.
                  I agree, but it's really possible to get it out vray without the need of post processing.

Do you like this image?
                  http://users.pandora.be/stor1/vray/full_res_04_post.jpg

There's not much post in it (except for the glow in window) and very little levels adjustment. With a bit more testing you could get it right out vray this way. If you don't like the white sunny parts, just use exponential color mapping instead of linear. Either way, like vlado said, it's possible with vray alone but you spend more time on testrendering. The new saturation and contrast tools together with the color mapping values give you all the control you need to balance the image (you don't even need to recalculate the IR map for that)

wouter
                  Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

yeah it looks better...
                    one thing that doesn't look right to me here is the intensity of the direct sunlight on the dark purple wall.
                    it is lighter than the sunlight on the bright floor...how can this be possible?

concerning the gamma...i think it still looks washed out a bit...like when you take a photograph and remove the shadows with the shadow/highlight plugin in photoshop cs.
                    not enough high radius contrast to look real, in my opinion...
                    Marc Lorenz
                    www.marclorenz.com

Comment

Soon i'll post my result
                      Really great 3d!!
                      Lighting & Rendering Supervisor
                      Marulli Studio

Comment

Hi Plastic,

The wall is brighter because the angle of the light that falls on it. If I would turn the sun more upwards (noon), the floor would be very white.

Comment

haha was just about to say the same thing. the wall is facing the incoming sunlight at a more direct angle then the floor.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

ok
                            still very bright...i wish the scene was closer to the original photograph to compare them.
                            direct sunlight always disturbs me with 3d interiours, but not with real photos...i'm not sure why.
                            Marc Lorenz
                            www.marclorenz.com

Comment

This is my test
                              It's a little bit noisy

Lighting & Rendering Supervisor
                              Marulli Studio

Comment

wow going back to the photo, man that tv is bright! thats a photo for ya. always remember, max tries to replicate what we see through a camera, not what we see through our eyes.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                                X