No announcement yet.

appartment vray1.46.05 testscene - free download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem is I don't have a camera with a wide angle lens, so I can't take a good view like the one we are rendering. Plus I live in Belgium, and last week we had one sunny day and that's the one on the pic Now it's raining all day long...
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Nice! Thanks for taking the time on the tutorial Vlado. This has been a very educational thread for me too!

Jeff
      - Jeff Patton -
      http://jeffpatton.net/

Comment

vlado what kind of machine did you use for rendering?

great tutorial! thanks a lot for you work.

best regards
        manuel
        Pixelschmiede GmbH
        www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Here are the settings I used for the render. They are not that much different from wouter's.

The main thing is I changed the direct light illumination from 10 to 5 with 30 suddivisions. The vray light at the window from 8 to 4 with 30 subdivisions.

I turned off the environment light. It was set at 5, I think. I never use the environment light. It always introduces noise and I have to up the settings to correct them.

I also turned off the other vray light in the hallway.

I did use DR with the render. I calculated the lightmap and saved it to the the slave and then turned on DR to calculate the IR map and render the scene.

The main reason for the lower render time is the lower light settings. I believe I could go even lower and still get a good result, I just didn't have time. Work intruded on my fun time.

Comment

vergefio what are your settings, looks great!
            your image is not that saturated at the walls like mine. what color mapping did you used, exponential?

this is my test, but look at the line where the floor and the wall come together, there are strange artifacts on the floor. I have downloaded the scene from vlado and hit render, weird isn't it?

best regards
            manuel
            Pixelschmiede GmbH
            www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Flipside: I did the math roughly as follows: the samples taken for a blurry value are
              GlobalMultiplier x (subdivs x subdivs)

So, if the Global multiplier is 1.0 and the subdivs are 30, we get 1 x (30 x 30)=900 samples in my initial tests. I wanted to get a similar value while keeping the subdivs at 8. This means that the Global multiplier had to be (30 x 30)/(8 x =14.0625 for the same result. I set to to 16, which gives 16 x (8 x =1024 samples, which is slightly more.

The irradiance map was originally taking 1 x (50 x 50) = 2500 samples. So, to get the same results with the Global multiplier at 16, I should have set the hemispheric subdivs to 50/4 = 12.5; however I used a slightly lower value since it was faster and the loss of quality was quite small.

The number of samples is, of course, a maximum value. Typically VRay will take a lot fewer samples than that.

Adding different multipliers for different stuff may be somewhat confusing, since there may be other things in VRay (like dispersion, or an ambient occlusion texture, for example) which also require qmc sampling, but don't fall into the light/reflections category.

themaxxer: I am using a dual AMD Opteron at 1.6 GHz with 1 GB of RAM.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

My try in old Vray version.
                Sorry for law AA settings. It is photon mapping.
                20 minutes with my Athlon 3 GHz.

No edition in POST

http://www.alkonst.com/vlado_no_edit.jpg

Photoshop LEVELS

http://www.alkonst.com/vlado_level.jpg

Comment

look at the line where the floor and the wall come together, there are strange artifacts on the floor.
                  Yep, this will have to wait for the 1.46.06 build to render better. You can use the "Check sample visibility" to improve it though.

Best regards
                  manuel
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

this time I checked 'check sample visibility' and there are no artifacts anymore.

best regards
                    manuel
                    Pixelschmiede GmbH
                    www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

This is really cool watching all the different techniques & results from everybody. I'll have to give it a try soon. For as simple as the lightmap is, I still have a hard time grasping all the differences in settings.
                      Tim Nelson
                      timnelson3d.com

Comment

Adding different multipliers for different stuff may be somewhat confusing, since there may be other things in VRay (like dispersion, or an ambient occlusion texture, for example) which also require qmc sampling, but don't fall into the light/reflections category.

Thanks for clearing up the subdivs thing, I forgot that it was the square of the value actually...

Still I'm convinced that a global shadow subdiv and global material subdiv multiplier would be even more usefull, as these are the only things for now that need a global control bacause of the number of times it can be used in the same scene

But I'm happy now also, hehe.

bye,

wouter
                        Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

hey guys , this post its really amazing, i've already read it four time, because i dodnt want to mis anything. I dont know if this is a stupid question, but there is one point that i still feel confuse. When vlado said that would be better to increase the material brighter instead of the light multiplier and in teh tutorial we do that by overide amterial and increasing the RGB value to 200, until there i got it, but whats hapen when i start to put bitmaps and so on? i mean, how can i control the material bright when i have bitmaps instead of a difuse color ?and whats happen when i turns off overide amterials and starts to update my scene materials? the adjust done on the overide material keeps on?
                          i would really appreciate if some of you guys could clarify my mind. thanks to wouter ,vlado and all of you for so important explanations
                          natal - brazil

Comment

Silver, you can adjust brightness of bitmaps by going to the 'output' rollout menu in the bitmap properties and changing the 'rgb level'.
                            Tim Nelson
                            timnelson3d.com

Comment

The override material is just to set up lighting in general, and for faster testing of the noise settings etc... When vlado says about changing material brightness, this is said as a general rule (better change material brightness instead of light multipliers), he is not only talking about the grey material.

Comment

timmatron and flipside, i've asked because this is the first time i heard about this procedure, i've already hearded about to adjust receive and generate gi on objects but not on materiais, thanks guys
                                natal - brazil

Comment

Working...
                                X