No announcement yet.

appartment vray1.46.05 testscene - free download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great way to adjust bitmap output is to use Cuneyt Ozdas' Color correct texture plug-in it allows you to adjust brightness, hue, contrast and a few other things, best of all it is free and very stable http://www.cuneytozdas.com/software/3dsmax/
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Originally posted by silver
      timmatron and flipside, i've asked because this is the first time i heard about this procedure, i've already hearded about to adjust receive and generate gi on objects but not on materiais, thanks guys
      You can also adjust send and recieve GI on materials by usin the 'vraymtlwrapper'.
      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

what I'd like to know is, how important is the unit setup?
        which settings will change in the tutorial from vlado and flibside, when it's set to generic unit?

thanks for reply.

best regards
        themaxxer
        Pixelschmiede GmbH
        www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

what I'd like to know is, how important is the unit setup?
          which settings will change in the tutorial from vlado and flibside, when it's set to generic unit?
          that's interesting.
          the testscene uses centimeters.
          what settings are affected for scenes using meters as units?

-oconv

Comment

Or inches & feet!
            Tim Nelson
            timnelson3d.com

Comment

Hi, I have a Problem with the light map i doit my test 240*192, the image its ok and with good time 4 minutes, when I send the same image with the same parameters in 360*288 to save my IR and the ligth map the time is about 2 hours. its normal that diference
              http://guca.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

I believe the light map cannot be saved and then reused for another resolution. You need to compute the map for the resolution you will render the image.

I'd like to now about the units too, if it affects anything (not only this scene but in general)
                Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

The lightmap does not depend on the resolution, so the calculation should take the same amount of time.

The irradiance map, however does depend on the resolution.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for all useful info, here is my little try (texturing could have been done better but not that important at this stage):
                    It's done by photon map not lightmap because our IT manager is busy at the moment.

William
                    TSE

Comment

• alkonst: Nice result with photons. Can you share some of your settings? LightMapping is still not the only kid in town I see...

Comment

• I very much like PHOTONS and I would like to see them with a little improvement in a new Vray version. I mean photons working with standart materials but it is not a great problem because of Blend material but any way...And one more thing - correct working with refract materials.
                        Correct working with refract materials is a little problem for LIGHT MAP too
                        SALuto said in our Russian forum.

Comment

• I'm a beginner in vray, but anyway, here is my test (not much textures though) Made with photons

alkonst: your picture on the last post is not loading...

Comment

• @ themaxxer
                            My color mapping is 3/3

Another test

Click here for hires version
                            Lighting & Rendering Supervisor
                            Marulli Studio

Comment

• This is with LEVELS in PHOTOSHOP
                              http://www.alkonst.com/vlado_level.jpg

No edition
                              http://www.alkonst.com/vlado_no_edit.jpg

Comment

• Alex, why did u crop ur image ??? may be "store with irmap" in vraylight kills a lot of GI Detail ???

Comment

Working...
                                X