X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a small anim I've made:

http://users.pandora.be/stor1/vray/f...ivx1000std.avi

(divx codec)

I used the lightmap flythrough mode and IR map incremental for each 10th frame.

wouter
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

• You must be joking. I alwaes prepare images with MAXIMUM detail and I NEVER use STORE WITH IRR MAP option. Simply I work in MAX 5 and FLIPSIDE scene was made with max6 and I do not have CAMERA CORRECTION plugin for MAX6 and to avoid incorrect camera view i set the camera this way. I can prepare the whole image where you will see everything and I never try to hide anything I do

Comment

• Alkonst my scene is max5, I just use camera clipping in order to move away more backwards with the camera. You seem to use clipping too because the cupboard is clipped away.

Why so aggressive?
        Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

• EVERYONE has the camera correction plugin for Max 6 :P
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

• flipside;

where did you get the plant from in the original picture? If it is from a private library or collection, xfrog etc, i would be interested in perchasing that file if you could supply the information. In my humble opinion that and your blinds are what make the image.

Comment

• Hey sv,

I bought the plant at 'Walter van Gastel', it's great! It is even animated, it grows over time. But you need to water it, which is tricky right next to a dual xeon. The poly count is rather large too, 235 million, but all the nerves are modeled though, so it's great for close ups.

Sorry for the lame joke, the first pic is a real photograph...

Regards,

wouter

Comment

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hold on,

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Very good.

Just goes to show that some of the images on this forum are so good that it is easy to get confussed from time to time. By the way: where is the displacement jpg file? In the zip i downloaded, there was just a max file.

Comment

• I updated the first post, the map is below the zip download link.

wouter

Comment

• Hi Guys,
                    Would anybody be able to save Flipsides scene down for Viz 4/max 4 so that I could go through the tutorial and this thread , I've just recently started using version 1.46.

Please Please,

Cheers,
                    TD

Comment

• I can save it as 3ds but bot as viz4.

But actually you can build a similar scene very easyily and try the tutorial on that. It's just a room with a big window and a vray light in that window.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply flipside, thats what i ended up doing built a similar room, I was wondering though did you have a direct sun light and also a v-ray light.

Cheers
                        TD

Comment

• Ah yes forgot that. Sun is a direct light with vray shadows.

Comment

• I thought I'd bring this thread to life again. I was looking for the right balance for sec. multiplier. In the following images, the sec. multiplier was set to 0.8. The scene is only lit with VRay Sun and Sky.

P.S.: the balls are there for other test.

qmc:

qmc slightly overexposed (+0.25)

irradiance (setting high)

irradiance slightly overexposed (+0.25) (setting high)
                            You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

• Hey gijs, overexposed is that a setting in the new camera?

Is that 1.47.18 version out yet or are you beta testing it?

What do you have for secondary bounces?

I think the pic should have more contrast, for example the side of the sofa facing the camera looks pretty light to me. With such strong light coming from one side of the room I would expect it to be darker. More like the real pic in my original post (page1)

Comment

• 1.47.18...yummy
                                My Youtube VFX Channel - http://www.youtube.com/panthon
                                Sonata in motion - My first VFX short film made with VRAY. http://vimeo.com/1645673
                                Sunset Day - My upcoming VFX short: http://www.vimeo.com/2578420

Comment

Working...
                                X